What's new

Shows in my collection which I am doubtful will be entirely released. (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Here is a list of my collection that I am hopeful but also doubtful will be entirely released:

Charlie's Angels (5 seasons..3 to go, no news, Sony has left it hanging..)
Magnum P.I. (8 seasons..6 to go, will probably run out of gas before the end)
Night Court (8 seasons..7 to go..)
Dallas (14 seasons..13 to go..doesn't look as if it's selling as good as Warner hoped)
The Incredible Hulk (4 seasons..this one hurts the most)
Who's The Boss (7 seasons..6 to go, no news)
I'm not being pessimistic about these, just trying to be realistic.
If anyone has any news about these, feel free to post.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I think Magnum might make it, Night Court too.

I fear for Doctor Who. The way they release it and the length between releases, we may see proper season sets in the next format. In that I wonder, will some series continue on DVD, continue on the next format or restart on the nxt format.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
They got to get with it on Doctor Who. Even movies now are often relased in sets, and this is a TV show released in 4 to 6 24 minute episode sets only. Most people have it in their head the new series will help or not affect the releases of the old stuff. I think releases of old stuff (which is all I care about) will slow down even more.

Anyway:

Married With Children
Larry Sanders
Incredible Hulk
All in the Family (don't really care, first 5 or 6 years is great)
And a big swak of British stuff that won't be released in R1

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Barney Miller
NYPD Blue
Charlie's Angels
Who's the Boss
Happy Days

OT: Most of what I'm wanting isn't released yet but hoping...:b

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
Mad about you won't get all their seasons released.

I'm also worried about Son of The Beach.

Jason-D

Agent
There has been a full-season release of Doctor Who, the Key to Time set (16th season) and IMO opinion it was ill-advised. IIRC the BBC was pressured into releasing these episodes unrestored by Warners when they were voted as most wanted in an online poll. The first six seasons of Doctor Who (1st + 2nd Doctor) all have episodes that are missing and presumed lost, so there will likely never be a complete release barring some miracle. There are many problems with later seasons as well and this is a big reason why stories are being restored and released one or two at a time. I'd rather wait and have the shows look their best. These releases are also very expensive, so I personally don't mind them being spread out.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Key to Time cost less as a boxset than as individual titles, much less. The DVDs look fine. Although I understand the time it takes, and the so called waiting game and the diversity gained by leaping around, their rate of release needs to be picked up and sure as heck can be picked up.

I'm worried about 'Allo 'Allo, it seems BBCAmerica will only release one Series a year, so slow.

DavidBC

Second Unit
Mad About You - and really I just want 3, 4 and 5!

Newsradio - 1&2 aren't even out yet and I'm worried about the rest of them!

And of course:

Mary Tyler Moore

Also, I think Golden Girls will make it, but will Golden Palace's one season ever show up?

JohnAP

Second Unit
The only show I have that seems completely dead on dvd is Once & Again. Buena Vista released season 1 the same day they released the first season of Felicity. While the latter is now out in its entirety, O&A has never had a S2 announcement.

MST3K and Showtime's Outer Limits are two that I have that are having some episodes released in various collections, but which I doubt will ever be released in their entirety. They both have so many episodes and will never get season sets.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I thought Mary Tyler Moore: Season 2 was set to come out sometime in 2005?

Also, a lot of the shows mentioned are from Sony, who appear to take FOREVER between seasons. Leaving fans to wonder if the show has been scrapped (Mad About You) or just in limbo (All In The Family).

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Another one I'm concerned about is The Real World. After the serious sabotaging of the excellent first season (replaced music all the way through, edited versions of the original episodes, missing footage from those original telecasts), it's got me concerned that we won't see S2 and S3 (at least the original versions) on DVD any time soon.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
I'm worried about Son of the Beach, Boomtown and Tru Calling. Especially with Boomtown and Tru Calling it would have made sense to do "Complete Series" sets. Both shows have six unreleased episodes left, so all it would have taken was to add a single DVD to the season 1 releases. I hope they put those episodes out one day!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I have some serious doubts about every season of Party of Five or Charlie's Angels ever making it to DVD. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

John McM

Second Unit
I wouldn't be surprised if they release more Party Of Five to cash in on Matthew Fox's LOST fame

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

I agree Todd, I am quite upset about Charlie's Angels. It was one of the 1st shows that I started collecting, also one of my favorites.I am surprised that it seems they are not going all the way with it, considering the fanbase.
My wife is also a big fan of Party Of Five, and untill you mentioned it, I didn't ever realize that it looks stuck as well.. :thumbsdown:

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
We'll never see many of the MST3K episodes in our lifetimes, because the rights to the films have reverted back to the original producers.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
But Rhino is trying hard to get as many MST3Ks eps as they can out to us, and I'm pretty happy with their efforts so far.

Only show in my collection that I'm worried about not getting the rest of is "American Dreams". Great show, will probably fade out at the end of this the third season. So far, not even any plans revealed for the release of the second season on DVD (though the first one has been out since the fall -- and is loaded with expensive music!).

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
The one I'm completely disappointed bout not getting the balance of is Earth: Final Conflict. They release season 3, 4 and 5 in the fall of 2003 (thanks TVShowsonDVD.com for the dates!) and nothing regarding releasing season 1 and 2 which IMO were the best of the entire show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks