Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Online Photo Album

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Eric R C

Eric R C

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted March 15 2005 - 01:38 PM

Online Photo Album

Can any of you recommend an online photo album?

Use: To share and store digital photos in an album for personal use.
Needs:
„XAble to display thumbnail size prints
„XAble to click on thumbnail for full size (Hi-Res) photos
„XMass photo uploads (or FTP access) for Drag n Drop
„XAble to order prints
„XA user friendly/intuitive album system (Grandparents can use)
„XDecent storage capacity/bandwidth
„XReliable/Little to no Down Time

I currently use PhotoBucket.com this accommodates all needs except the ability to order prints.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,870 posts

Posted March 15 2005 - 03:12 PM

I'm not too familiar w/ Photobucket, but Smugmug.com might be the closest thing to what you're looking for although their standard user account ($30/year) has a bandwidth limit of 2GB/month -- and from what I understand, they generally allow occasional high traffic months where you can double the limit or so. You should ask them to be sure -- they seem very prompt to respond and are quite friendly folks. If necessary, I guess you can go for their power user account ($50/year), which doubles the bandwidth limit. There's no storage limit (although there probably are some exceptions), so that's nice.

A quick check of Photobucket's paying account shows 250MB storage limit and 10GB/month bandwidth limit, and they sound like hard limits. That 250MB limit seems very low if you want to upload full size photos. Then again, since they don't offer print service, there's probably not that much point in uploading lots of high quality, full size photos anyway.

FWIW, I've been considering getting an account w/ Smugmug myself. I normally use Pbase.com for sharing web-sized photos, but I might add a Smugmug "pro level" account if I can make some $ on the side w/ photography. Posted Image

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)