What's new

Farscape: Starburst Edition (1 Viewer)

Karlo

Auditioning
Does anybody out there know if the Starburst Edition will be put on box sets, that is, once all volumes for each season have come out?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
There's only three editions per season. What kind of box set is that, really? And what kind of price break can ADV really give? You can get the entire first season Starburst for $45 if you do some research. I can't see it going down any more.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Anyone pick up v3 of season 1 today? I was wondering how much BB was selling for.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
15.99 at BB. Mine had a sign on the shelf and had exactly one copy left. Whether all the others were sold already or they only got one in, I don't know.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

My local Best Buy did not receive any today for some reason.

I purchased mine from DDD for $14.99 tax and shipping free.

Andy

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Since the company is becoming worse than Paramount and Trek with double dipping, I would guess Yes. I wont be buying these since they first released the regular ones, than the box sets and now the Starburst.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
My local Best Buy did not receive any today for some reason, either. Then I went to two other stores (target, Strawberries) but they didn't have any either. I don't think Target carries this company's products or something.

As for whether they'll eventually come in a nice cardboard slipcover box, maybe.

But then again, maybe they'll just release the very last Starburst edition with a large empty cardboard box like many anime series do. That would be nice.

Or maybe they won't.

Box or not box, I am getting each of these Starburst editions as they come out.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Got my Season 1 Collection 3 Starburst Edition today and like the first two collections, the subtitles are turned on by default, has this happened to anyone else?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks Will, I have a feeling it's player-related, I have a Sony that's almost three years old (don't remember the model # off-hand), it's annoying to have to switch them off on each disc (on both sides), but I can live with it.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
So can we expect the first SB edition for season 2 in May?

There were two months from 2 to 3 so here's hoping.

Karlo

Auditioning
Hey everybody, I finally got volumes 1 and 3 of Farscape: SB Edition. I am still waiting for vol. 2 though.

They look great. I watched the pilot and you're all right the subtitles are automatically on. I don't mind it since half of the time I turn them on anyways.

A new question: I haven't researched in detail yet but does anyone know if this edition has more special features than the original releases?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The Starburst additions have new special features in addition to the previously released ones, some of the commentaries are new and other stuff like Alien Encounters, which didn't appear until Season 2 on the original releases.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I know there was two months between Starburst editions for season one, so I'm assuming the same will hold true for season two. I know it's been asked before, but has anyone seen or heard anything yet about when season two will come out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks