Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help w/grayscale

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Matthew Powers

Matthew Powers

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 14 2005 - 10:51 AM

Hi. I am having a problem with my toshiba TW40x81 and thought I would check here to see if anybody can help me solve this issue. I have had the TV for 4 1/2 years now and about a month ago I noticed a green tint to all the dark areas. Sometimes it would be ok and then the picture would pop or flicker and would be wrong for awhile. I called a repair man out and he opened the set up and looked around and said everthing looked fine. I suggested that it might be a grayscale problem which he said he could adjust. He did something and then said see if that works and if not he would come back and take my TV in to the shop and it would cost 300.00 more to fix. The TV was no better in fact it looked worse. I contacted an ISF guy and told him the problem and he said it sounded like a grayscale problem to him. He came over Saturday and calibrated the set and it looked great. He said it was the worse grayscale he had ever seen when he started. The problem is that something is unstable because it will not stay at d6500. He said that between 10 and 30 ire that the green fluctuates. He didn't know what was causing it but did offer to come back and reset the grayscale for free if and when I get it fixed. I'm going to talk to the Soundwaves service center tomorrow and tell them the problem and see if they know what might be causing it and see if they can fix it. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it doesn't get fixed soon I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut my losses and look into a new TV. I really like this set though and if it can be fixed without spending too much more money that is the way I want to go. Thanks for any help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users