Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony LCD rear projector ...XS955

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor

• 743 posts

Posted March 13 2005 - 09:44 AM

I know you have to disable the set's speakers if you want to use the RCA L/R audio outputs to a receiver (my Wega XBR250 tube is the same but I also have monitor audio outputs and can either use the set's speakers or send to my receiver and turn the tv audio volume all the way down) without playing with the menu item that enables /disables the speaker output. Makes it easy for mom when she visits since she knows nothing about the receiver and just has to turn the volume up to hear thru the set's speakers if the receiver is off.

What about the optical audio output? When does it get activated? The manual says only for digital sound so does that mean it will only output if you have sound inputting to the set? Seems silly since most people would have those connections go to the receiver unless maybe for HD set top boxes? So if you are watching plain cable tv, will nothing come out the digital output?

Thanks