What's new

UltimateAV Measures Rocket Speakers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I have to say the graphs are indicative of the corrections the Pioneer 49txi MCACC corrected for.

It is an interesting article to say the least

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator
If this is the measured performance, and there's no reason to disbelieve it, these are seriously flawed loudspeakers.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member

Made in China, right? ;)

I know that there is a faction here on HTF that really like Rocket speakers. I have always kept them in the outside range of my "radar" for that reason. I wonder what Rocket's response (sic! :) ) will be? Isn't it that dude Mark Shiffer or something?

mackie

Supporting Actor
I read that article a few days ago adn was shocked. On another forum, don't remember which one, Mark said he mistakenly sent a pair of speakers used in a photo shoot that weren't set-up correctly. I don't know if this is true or not, but I am surprised based on all the positive statements about them and the constant high praise AV123 gets about customer service. BTW - I don't own Rockets.

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator
One would have to highly doubt that Mark checks every speaker that goes out of his business be it to a buyer or a reviewer. Something does appear to be wrong here. To say I was stunned would be an understatement.

EdwinK

Agent
Mark L. Shifter stated that these speakers were sent for a photo-shoot nothing more, AFTER the review had been gone and done. He's in contact with Thomas J. Norton to see if they can redo the measurements on Speakers that actually went through proper quality control. (link)

B.t.w.: these speakers are of the new RS750 Signature Edition variety, not the previous model (RS750) the reviewer auditioned at his home. This is explained at the start of the page mentioned by the topic-starter here.

EdwinK

Agent
How do you know? ???

Do many owners complain about bad allignment, or are you considering them all incapable of recognizing bad sounding speakers with out-of-phase mid-range drivers?

I am considering buying 750's myself, and am anxious to see properly measured speakers - preferably retail ones.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
I'm pointing you to a place people are willing to state they do not believe the explanation.

Yes. I'm skeptical.

mackie

Supporting Actor
I had to return a Klipsch center that was out-of-phase right out the box, and I also heard a another set of speakers with a faulty tweeter in a dealer's show room. This sometimes happens. I too would like to see the true measurements even thought I'm not in the market for speakers at this time.

Mike^S

Stunt Coordinator
Nigel, you are one funny guy! You say you have no agenda and yet I see that you are going around and registering on different audio forums to post the same thing. No agenda? Ya right!

I also love how you declare rocket speakers to be garbage and then when Craig makes a clear and logical argument proving you wrong, you turn around and say stuff like why are you attacking me??? I'm a potential buyer of rocket speakers and you are acting all hysterical. You must have a vested interest in Rockets!

LOL!!!! Truly funny stuff!! I hope you realize that no one is falling for your routine.

Jeff-0

Stunt Coordinator
I considered auditioning the Rockets but the overseas issue was important to me, the drivers not matching the between the center channel and the floor-standers also went against everything I have ever learned about timbre matching. I'm always curious to test new speakers but for me it just wasnt worth it.

**NOTICE**
This was only MY concerns and MY thoughts, there are many happy Rocket users whom love their speakers.

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator
Garbage? I have never even heard Rockets so I definitely haven't a clue if they're garbage or incredibly good.

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Dave you couldn't be more wrong and quickly checking IP addresses would show you to be quite clueless. I have no axe to grind I simply posted a link to measurements on a forum. Like it or not those measurements at this point in time have not been rescinded by UAV. I also posted a WTB Rockets thread on AV123 3 weeks ago. Hardly the workings of a troll. I suggest you get a semblance of a clue before spouting more falsehoods. I had an actual interest in buying Rockets to test against my Veritas before this debacle happened. Hopefully someone can get to the truth as their measurements and where the mixup happened but as of now they're the only measurements taken of them by a mainstream and respected magazine. Don't like it? Too bad pal.
I also didn't start the negative measurement thread at AV123 rather I commented on it. Now don't make yourself look even more foolish.
Perhaps my saying I have never heard Rockets so have no idea as to their quality befuddled and confused you? If so I am sorry for overloading what little space seems to remain in your cranium's CPU.

Max F

Second Unit
"The Rockets are some of the most civilized and honest speakers I've heard. On every level—from appearance to build quality to long-term enjoyment—they delivered more than I expected for their very affordable price. Nor did they deliver anything that was annoying, or that distracted from the performance. All of their parts, down to the speaker binding posts, are of substantial quality. The sum, within the balancing act necessary in designing any speaker system to appeal to those with a limited amount of money, is an incredible and enjoyable value. Were these speakers sold at retail, there's a good chance they'd cost at least twice as much."

http://ultimateavmag.com/speakersystems/305rocket/

They still seem to really like the speakers regardless of the measurements. As a scientist, i would like to see if those measurements can be duplicated by a different reviewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks