What's new

Netflix .........long wait for new release DVD's (1 Viewer)

SteveANDR

Auditioning
I have been with Netflix (3 DVD plan) now for about 6+ months now.
I seems that the wait for new release titles is very long. Most of the "long wait" titles on my list (e.g. Ray)have been in the rental stores for weeks.
Otherwise, I have been very happy with the Netflix service. The turnaround time for movies in stock has been only a few days in most instances.
Is Blockbuster any better with the newer movies?

danak

Second Unit
SteveANDR,
There is a method to getting new releases sent to you from Netflix the same week they are released. Mail back something on Friday that you've watched (or however long it takes to get there by Monday). At the same time, put the new release (ie, it will be released that coming Tuesday) you want at the top of your queue. On Monday, after they check in the DVD you sent back Friday, they will process your queue and you should then get the new release shipped to you. It works most of the time (close to 99% perhaps) though they sometimes will have to ship from another distribution center or ship a day or two later so you may not get it until later in the week. Also, titles you mail back on Saturday (assuming it gets there on Monday) seems to get processed after the titles that gets mailed back on Friday, so if you want the new release, mail something back on Friday.

Also, in case you weren't aware of it, you should leave all your "long wait" titles at the top of your queue. If something becomes free all of a sudden, they can ship it to you (assuming you have a slot free) without you having to worry about watching it closely.

Dana

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Danak's idea is the key: in fact, I just checked my queue and The Incredibles is being shipped! That really surprises me, being such a high-profile title. But I am still waiting to see Ray.

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I think there must be something wrong with their copies of Ray. Perhaps they were flawed, or they forgot to order them, or some such nonsense. In all the time I've been with Netflix I've never seen a new release go immediately to "Very Long Wait" status like that, the very same day it came out.

Whatever happened must have been resolved, though. I just noticed that it's now listed as "Long Wait" -- no more "Very".

I've got Incredibles on the way as well. :D

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Ray is showing up as Long Wait, but Motorcycle Diares is still Very Long Wait.:frowning:

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes you get something straight from Long Wait status, it seems kind of random. I got Laura that way just now, it arrived yesterday--not a new movie, but it is a new release, and it was probably on Long Wait because they had more demand than they expected.

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
I have had NetFlix for 2 years. A constent turnaround of 2 days for any film. Outside of holidays,it never varies. I'm very satisfied. I'm on the 3 disc plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks