What's new

What was the First concert you ever went to? (1 Viewer)

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
the first one i went to was at Power Plant Live to see Eve 6 (freebie concert) litterally right up front.
first one i paid for was to see papa roach at the recher. boy that was a rough one, with the music blarring out of the speakers so fucking loud, crazy insane fuckers moshing, and crowd surfing. i got pushed down to the ground during "last resort" since they had started all over the floor, but thankfully, they picked me right up, and got right up to the front of the stage to yell as loud as i could the pre chorus "cut myself into pieces, this my last resort, suffication no breathing, don't give a fuck if i cut my arm bleeding
and also, those 2 were over the summer,

Jeremy West

Auditioning
First concert attended;

Thin Lizzy, 1981 Renegade Tour, Manchester Apollo, UK.

John Sykes (formally of Whitesnake & Blue Murder fame) opened with his band The Tigers of Pang Tang.

Awesome show...great memories.

Justin_P

Stunt Coordinator
First small scale show: The Red Elvises (The Hammerdowns opened, I think) at the Phenix Underground in Seattle, WA

First big show: Roger Waters, at the Rose Garden, Portland Oregon.

Both were really fun shows.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Jan & Dean at the Paramount in Seattle 1978 (I was 14). Second Concert was The Who and the Clash at the Kingdome in Seattle 1982.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Judas Priest on the Turbo tour in '86. Krokus was the opening act -- thus the first band I saw play. It wasn't until later that I discovered that Ballroom Blitz was a cover. :)

I was SO PSYCHED when that Electric Eye DVD came out last year with the Priest. . .Live! show from that tour. Not their best album, but man, are they good live.

Speaking of which -- time to check out their tour dates for this summer with Queensryche! :)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Styx, in 1978 or so.

My second show was Queen at Madison Square Garden, 1979 or 80 I believe.

Third was the Black and Blue Tour (Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster cult. What an eye opener for a young man. :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Beach Boys at Pine Knob (northern suburbs of Detroit), circa 1980. Lawn seats there were great back then -- you could bring in your own food and drinks.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Grateful Dead in 1977...I was 12 and went with my father, and then 15 year old brother. It was a family outing, Miller style.

Ricky, I saw Styx in 1978 (and several times after) and Sabbath and Cult too! Eye opener? You ain't kiddin!

I'm curious if you remember who opened for Styx back then...I think every concert I saw in that era (Styx, Kansas, BOC) was opened by either Twisted Sister or a local band called the Good Rats.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Eric Clapton with Muddy Waters @ the Toledo Sports Arena 1978 I believe

Pine Knob the only place where Marshmellows are illegal

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Max Webster and Rush (Permanent Waves Tour) March 23, 1980 - Northlands Coliseum, Edmonton Alberta.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Aerosmith @1982 Rock in a Hard Place Tour, sans Joe Perry, Thank GOD they got their shit together and brought him back!!!!!!!!!!!Pine Knob Music Theater. I was 15, and my brother had to take me. It was the most enlightening experience of my teen years, to this day I love live music.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Opening night of the Jackson 5 Victory Tour in Arrowhead Stadium, 1984. I was 9 (just the age Mike likes em) and I was invited by a friend. That shows you how times have changed. Like any blockbuster tour is going to kick off in Kansas City nowadays.

My first real concert that I wanted to go to and paid for myself was the Grateful Dead at Sandstone Amphitheater in 1990.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
What a great concert. They came to KC about a month after I graduated from high school. Damn that was a good night. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks