Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Columbo S2 pkg + McCloud coming?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 OFFLINE   Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted March 12 2005 - 07:05 AM

I seem to recall Quincy was the last Mystery Movie series premiering in 1976, and it eventually it was shortened to 60 minutes after the NBC Mystery Movie ended in 1977. It continued to 1983. Meanwhile, Columbo was an occasional TV movie special during the 1977-78 season). Yes, I remember the Amy Prentiss character when Jessica Walter first played her in a 2-part episode of Ironside which spun her off into her own series. Jessica will never top her memorable psycho killer girlfriend role from Clint Eastwood's film "Play Misty for Me". Hec Ramsey ran a couple of years (1972-74) but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Typing of Richard Boone, the only reason Have Gun, Will Travel reruns have aired on Hallmark Channel for several years (and also on DVD for a year now) is because it was a hit.

#22 of 24 OFFLINE   Dan McW

Dan McW

Second Unit

• 367 posts

Posted March 12 2005 - 09:13 AM

I have a couple of fuzzy copies of Hec Ramsey. That's an interesting take on a mystery series: setting it in the "old west" but at a time when modern-day methods of detection such as fingerprinting are just coming into use.

#23 of 24 OFFLINE   JackRE

JackRE

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 04:20 AM

Did any Columbo fans splurge on the R2 "complete" box set? Are they any better than the R1 DVDs?

#24 of 24 OFFLINE   Randy Gray

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 11:30 PM

I hope no music is changed when they get to the Johnny Cash episode "Swan Song". He does a couple of numbers and towards the end he sings a snippet of "Sunday Morning Coming Down".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users