Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems playing discs w/ Toshiba player...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Paul K.

Paul K.

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

I have a Toshiba SD-K600 DVD player hooked up to my 27" (non-HD) TV. I got it free from someone not using it anymore, so I can't really complain too much, it plays commercial DVDs and Cds just fine, with DD and DTS decoding.

The manual stated, and I have always found (until recently), that it will not play "burned" media (DVD or CD). Recently I've gotten engaged, and in the process of looking at samples from videographers I have discovered, much to my surprise, that the Toshiba WILL play SOME burned DVD discs; but not others.

I have personally tried playing a DVD-R disc with no sucess (one that does play in other players). What's the trick to this thing? Might it only play DVD+R media? Some kind of option I need to select when making a DVD so that it will play?

I've thought about replacing this player with one not so limited, but if there's an easy fix I might not have to...
-Paul

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Randy C Sr

Randy C Sr

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 08:39 PM

Most players will only play DVD+R. It's the most popular and widely used format. Also some players will not play DVDR's burned above 4x but that's just some.