Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Tabitha

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#21 of 57 OFFLINE   Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 05:11 AM

Quote:
I never thought I'd hear the day that someone liked "Tabitha" over "Bewitched"...
The ladies who are fans of Tabitha probably like it because the late Robert Urich was a regular.

#22 of 57 OFFLINE   dany

dany

Supporting Actor

• 694 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 05:15 AM

Spencer,he's the man.
Get In My Belly.

#23 of 57 OFFLINE   Dale_

Dale_

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 11:24 PM

I wonder if they'll show the "lost episode" that explains how Tabitha went from a preschooler to a twentysomething in five years?

#24 of 57 OFFLINE   Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 11:49 PM

Quote:
I wonder if they'll show the "lost episode" that explains how Tabitha went from a preschooler to a twentysomething in five years?
Having watched this series in 1977 when it first aired (and with no interest in ever seeing it again), I can tell you there is no lost episode...sorry! But you'll be glad to know there is a disco episode!

Isn't it obvious that Tabitha cast a spell on herself to make become an adult because she was sick of the disrespect kids feel they get in school? Posted Image

#25 of 57 OFFLINE   Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted March 12 2005 - 06:06 AM

Quote:
I never thought I'd hear the day that someone liked "Tabitha" over "Bewitched"...it's awesome, in an odd way LOL

And why are they wasting my time with all of these Sanford and Son releases when they should go right to the classic Sanford Arms? Posted Image

#26 of 57 OFFLINE   Joe.S

Joe.S

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted March 12 2005 - 07:27 AM

I have never seen the show except for Bewitched so is there a trailer I could watch?

#27 of 57 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted March 12 2005 - 07:38 PM

The people at www.bewitched.net have a whole page devoted to "Tabitha" including video clips, one of which is the theme song, a really catchy tune sung by Lisa Hartman called "It Could Be Magic".

#28 of 57 OFFLINE   Gary->dee

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

• 1,923 posts

Posted March 12 2005 - 08:23 PM

Having grown up in the 70's(and considering it the best decade) this series slipped under my radar until I saw it on TV Land last year. I probably didn't know about it because I was still living in Australia in 1977 and perhaps Tabatha didn't reach down unda. It wasn't shown in reruns either until TV Land. Anyway from what I saw of it on TV Land the show sucks but it's good for nostalgia which is the only reason why I saw a few of the shows.

Hey if they're bringing out the DVDs for Tabatha they should put the original Friends from 1979 on DVD dammit! It had the best opening theme song, the Doobie Brothers "What a fool believes". Posted Image

#29 of 57 OFFLINE   Joe.S

Joe.S

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted March 13 2005 - 12:39 AM

Quote:
The people at www.bewitched.net have a whole page devoted to "Tabitha" including video clips, one of which is the theme song, a really catchy tune sung by Lisa Hartman called "It Could Be Magic".

Thank you. It's too bad that Elizabeth was not involved especially since the show is a spin-off.

#30 of 57 OFFLINE   Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted March 13 2005 - 01:45 AM

Quote:
Hey if they're bringing out the DVDs for Tabatha they should put the original Friends from 1979 on DVD dammit! It had the best opening theme song, the Doobie Brothers "What a fool believes".

That "Friends" was a one-hour comedy / drama about a bunch of school kids, one of whom was played by Jill Whelan. The show was so awful I think even Aaron Spelling would rather forget it. But Aaron must have liked Jill: She got cast on the The Love Boat as Vicki Stubing immediately after Friends was soon cancelled.

#31 of 57 OFFLINE   Gary->dee

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

• 1,923 posts

Posted March 13 2005 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
That "Friends" was a one-hour comedy / drama about a bunch of school kids, one of whom was played by Jill Whelan. The show was so awful I think even Aaron Spelling would rather forget it. But Aaron must have liked Jill: She got cast on the The Love Boat as Vicki Stubing immediately after Friends was soon cancelled.
Yeah but do you remember the opening theme song? :P)

#32 of 57 OFFLINE   Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted March 13 2005 - 01:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah but do you remember the opening theme song?
Nope, because it's as forgettable to most people as the rest of the show. Posted Image
In 1979 Friends aired on ABC on Sunday nights at 7. It was rightfully massacred in the ratings by the CBS powerhouse 60 Minutes.

#33 of 57 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted March 13 2005 - 05:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you. It's too bad that Elizabeth was not involved especially since the show is a spin-off.

There is a section in Herbie J Pilato's "Bewitched Forever" that talks about "Tabitha". He had asked Elizabeth Montgomery about it. This is what he had to say about her involvement with the series.

Quote:
Elizabeth, who had "absolutely zero to do with the show," used to receive mail from people who were outraged that Erin and Diane Murphy were not involved with it. As she recalled, the letters would say, "What....is going on here? Tabitha is in her twenties! This doesn't make any sense!" And she responded "to each and every person who was looking for an answer." She said, "I felt an obligation to them. They were annoyed and felt betrayed."

Herbie J goes on to say that Sol Saks, the creator of BW, was asked by William Asher, a director on both shows, to come work on the show but he had different ideas for "Tabitha" and didn't like how they were trying "to do BW without Samantha and the original cast."

I would've LOVED to have seen EM reprise Samantha on the show but I think that her choosing to distance herself from it was a better choice as she maintained her credibility.

On another subject I would like it if the Saturday morning cartoon special called "Tabitha and Adam and the Clown Family" was included as an extra on the "Tabitha" DVD.

#34 of 57 OFFLINE   Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted March 13 2005 - 05:22 PM

"I felt an obligation to them. They were annoyed and felt betrayed."

I like "Tabitha" only because of Lisa, but I applaud EM for taking that position. In a similar vein, Richard Hatch could have done well to learn from her!

#35 of 57 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted March 14 2005 - 10:44 AM

I dont know what is scarier, the thought that they are releasing this show or that I still remember some of the theme song.

"Some people got it and some people dont"....

#36 of 57 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted March 16 2005 - 10:56 AM

That song does stick in your head! LOL

Here are the words from Lisa Hartman Black's website:

It Could Be Magic (Jeff Barry) (opening theme from "Tabitha") :37
Some people got it
Some people don't
You'll never know
Until you try
You never know
Baby you can fly
If you try
It could be magic
The way I feel
It could be magic
But it feels so real
It could be magic
Ooh yeah
Well it could be magic
It could be magic

You can also listen to it on her site too.

Another thing about her website...the news of the Tabitha DVD wasn't anywhere on there so I emailed them last week and got this reply:

Quote:
Thank you for the heads up. I have contacted Lisa, and her manager, and they have not heard anything about this. We are looking into it, trust me. It would be wonderful. If we find anything for certain, we will post that news on the NEWS page on her website the second we find out. Thank you again so much for this information. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

host@lisahartmanblack.com

#37 of 57 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,980 posts

Posted March 16 2005 - 12:35 PM

That theme song is so 70s cheesetastic.

#38 of 57 OFFLINE   Gary->dee

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

• 1,923 posts

Posted March 17 2005 - 03:01 AM

The Tabitha theme song is terrible. The lyrics, the melody, and the choice of singer. I'm often a fan of 70's TV theme shows but the one for Tabitha is probably the worst I've ever heard compared to say themes from Alice, Angie, Chico and the Man, Welcome Back Kotter and so on.

#39 of 57 OFFLINE   Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted March 17 2005 - 03:50 AM

I think the theme is very good, much better than the show itself. Written by the great Jeff Barry (Sugar Sugar). I've always been disappointed that Lisa never included it on one of her albums.

#40 of 57 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted March 20 2005 - 05:40 PM

I like the theme song too...it was perfect for the time.

I just found while looking through my TV Land tapes of "Tabitha" that there is an alternate theme song that was used on episode 2: "Tabitha's Weighty Problem". I'm assuming it was also used on the pilot, which wasn't shown on TV Land. It doesn't have any words, it's just an extended version of the incidental music that was used a lot on the show. And instead of showing clips of the cast when their name appears on the screen it just shows Tabitha driving through L.A. in her VW-convertible.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow