What's new

Tabitha (2 Viewers)

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Now this one is a surprise. I had started transferring some of my ABC versions, not thinking this would ever have a chance to come out. Now my question is, will they include the original pilot, starring Liberty Williams?

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I hope the Liberty Williams version is included.

I would never bet in a million years that we would see this show. I had always said in my comments about BW on DVD that they should just put "Tabitha" out too, as sort of a promotion with BW like "Buy three seasons of BW, get Tabitha free" or something like that.

I'm actually excited to get this series as I have never seen the first episode or the last episode where marriages between mortals and witches are approved by the Witches' Council. It also guest stars Bernard Fox as Dr. Bombay, one of my favorite characters from BW.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
As for "Tabitha", I admit that I'll get that one on a semi-blind-buy since, if I recall, I only saw a couple of them but I thought it was kinda cool at the time and I was a Lisa Hartman fan at the time as well...enough reasons to get the DVD's.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Great news. Since Sony is putting out Tabitha maybe there is hope for the Sanford & Son spinoffs.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
That's exactly what I was thinking. Let's just hope it sells okay. It was a pretty average show with the main attraction being how great looking Lisa Hartman was.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I'm glad it's coming out for all the people who enjoy it, but I really thought this show was terrible. Almost an affront to the memory of Bewitched. (Not to be dramamtic about it.;)) I especially hated the way they changed Adam from a warlock in BW to a mortal in this series, just to have a Darrin-esque character to frown on the use of witchcraft.

But, on the up-side, Lisa Hartman was a babe!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Oh, I agree...it's an awful show.

I would say there are really only two reasons I'm buying it:

1. Lisa Hartman is seriously hot and wore clothes to showcase it!

2. Some characters from BW showed up on Tabitha (including Dr. Bombay, Mrs. Kravitz, and Mr. Kravitz looking like a bum with his long hair and beard).

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator
Wasn't there two different Adams.

I vaguely remember this show, but didn't they start with an Adam that was a warlock and kind of fun and then changed him to a boring Darrin Adam that frowned on everything.

How can you tell that I never liked control freak Darrin.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
In the original pilot, which starred Liberty Williams, Adam was a warlock who keep getting involved in Tabitha's love life. When they did the second pilot, the one that became a series, he was turned into a mortal. I saw the original pilot last year and it's not bad, not great, but pretty different in feel.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
One other thing I did like about this show was the use of some of the original sound effects from Bewitched for the witchcraft. That was kinda cool.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Also on the upside: about halfway through the run, the network demanded that Lisa go braless because they wanted her to "jiggle" (yes, that was the network's decision. Lisa said as much in a 1984 TV Guide interview).

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
This is such a curious release that I wonder if the plot of the Bewitched movie will in some way tie into the Tabitha character. Otherwise, I just can't fathom why they would release this show before seeing how the first few seasons of Bewitched sell.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'm also surprised about Tabitha getting released as well. It seems to show me that the TV/DVD industry is just unpredictable. Another OT example is the release of the "Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew" release. I'd have never predicted that one getting to DVD.

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator
But at least the Hardy Boys Nancy Drew mysteries lasted a few seasons.

Tabitha didn't even last one season and I don't think it had a cult following.

The only thing it has is a weak connection to Bewitched.

I do remember wondering when this was on, how Tabitha managed to grow up faster than me.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Well I'm probably one of the few who won't be buying "Bewitched" because I'm not that big a fan of the show but will be buying "Tabitha" just because of Lisa (and I can get rid of the TV Land tapes I've made).

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Well, the fact that it actually aired on TV Land, home of the only the most popular shows in TV history, may have had something to do with it.

SFM, the company that has the rights to it, dipped their toes in the market with those Questar releases of Make Room for Daddy and Joey Bishop and perhaps they are now rethinking the idea and considering going with another company that will do a better job. These older shows have a limited market to begin with and Questar probably lost half of that with the work they did on those 2 shows. I hope SFM isn't thinking it's the market's fault as opposed to the company just putting out a flawed product.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I never thought I'd hear the day that someone liked "Tabitha" over "Bewitched"...it's awesome, in an odd way LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks