Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Tabitha

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 of 57 OFFLINE   Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 06:30 AM

Now this one is a surprise. I had started transferring some of my ABC versions, not thinking this would ever have a chance to come out. Now my question is, will they include the original pilot, starring Liberty Williams?

#2 of 57 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 07:37 AM

I hope the Liberty Williams version is included.

I would never bet in a million years that we would see this show. I had always said in my comments about BW on DVD that they should just put "Tabitha" out too, as sort of a promotion with BW like "Buy three seasons of BW, get Tabitha free" or something like that.

I'm actually excited to get this series as I have never seen the first episode or the last episode where marriages between mortals and witches are approved by the Witches' Council. It also guest stars Bernard Fox as Dr. Bombay, one of my favorite characters from BW.

#3 of 57 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted March 08 2005 - 12:28 PM

As for "Tabitha", I admit that I'll get that one on a semi-blind-buy since, if I recall, I only saw a couple of them but I thought it was kinda cool at the time and I was a Lisa Hartman fan at the time as well...enough reasons to get the DVD's.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#4 of 57 OFFLINE   Tony S

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 01:06 AM

Great news. Since Sony is putting out Tabitha maybe there is hope for the Sanford & Son spinoffs.

#5 of 57 OFFLINE   Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 03:33 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. Let's just hope it sells okay. It was a pretty average show with the main attraction being how great looking Lisa Hartman was.

#6 of 57 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted March 09 2005 - 03:44 AM

I'm glad it's coming out for all the people who enjoy it, but I really thought this show was terrible. Almost an affront to the memory of Bewitched. (Not to be dramamtic about it.Posted Image) I especially hated the way they changed Adam from a warlock in BW to a mortal in this series, just to have a Darrin-esque character to frown on the use of witchcraft.

But, on the up-side, Lisa Hartman was a babe!

#7 of 57 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 05:01 AM

Oh, I agree...it's an awful show.

I would say there are really only two reasons I'm buying it:

1. Lisa Hartman is seriously hot and wore clothes to showcase it!

2. Some characters from BW showed up on Tabitha (including Dr. Bombay, Mrs. Kravitz, and Mr. Kravitz looking like a bum with his long hair and beard).

#8 of 57 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 06:32 AM

So they turned Adam into a Muggle?? Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#9 of 57 OFFLINE   AnnaMaria

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 08:59 AM

Wasn't there two different Adams.

I vaguely remember this show, but didn't they start with an Adam that was a warlock and kind of fun and then changed him to a boring Darrin Adam that frowned on everything.

How can you tell that I never liked control freak Darrin.

#10 of 57 OFFLINE   Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 09:31 AM

In the original pilot, which starred Liberty Williams, Adam was a warlock who keep getting involved in Tabitha's love life. When they did the second pilot, the one that became a series, he was turned into a mortal. I saw the original pilot last year and it's not bad, not great, but pretty different in feel.

#11 of 57 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,426 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 01:10 PM

One other thing I did like about this show was the use of some of the original sound effects from Bewitched for the witchcraft. That was kinda cool.

#12 of 57 OFFLINE   AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,978 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted March 10 2005 - 12:37 AM

Quote:
But, on the up-side, Lisa Hartman was a babe!

Also on the upside: about halfway through the run, the network demanded that Lisa go braless because they wanted her to "jiggle" (yes, that was the network's decision. Lisa said as much in a 1984 TV Guide interview).

#13 of 57 OFFLINE   Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted March 10 2005 - 11:06 PM

This is such a curious release that I wonder if the plot of the Bewitched movie will in some way tie into the Tabitha character. Otherwise, I just can't fathom why they would release this show before seeing how the first few seasons of Bewitched sell.

#14 of 57 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted March 11 2005 - 01:17 AM

I'm also surprised about Tabitha getting released as well. It seems to show me that the TV/DVD industry is just unpredictable. Another OT example is the release of the "Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew" release. I'd have never predicted that one getting to DVD.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#15 of 57 OFFLINE   AnnaMaria

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 01:46 AM

But at least the Hardy Boys Nancy Drew mysteries lasted a few seasons.

Tabitha didn't even last one season and I don't think it had a cult following.

The only thing it has is a weak connection to Bewitched.

I do remember wondering when this was on, how Tabitha managed to grow up faster than me.

#16 of 57 OFFLINE   dany

dany

Supporting Actor

• 694 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 02:09 AM

What ever happened to the Real McCoys?
Get In My Belly.

#17 of 57 OFFLINE   Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 02:43 AM

Well I'm probably one of the few who won't be buying "Bewitched" because I'm not that big a fan of the show but will be buying "Tabitha" just because of Lisa (and I can get rid of the TV Land tapes I've made).

#18 of 57 OFFLINE   Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 03:18 AM

Well, the fact that it actually aired on TV Land, home of the only the most popular shows in TV history, may have had something to do with it.

Quote:
What ever happened to the Real McCoys?

SFM, the company that has the rights to it, dipped their toes in the market with those Questar releases of Make Room for Daddy and Joey Bishop and perhaps they are now rethinking the idea and considering going with another company that will do a better job. These older shows have a limited market to begin with and Questar probably lost half of that with the work they did on those 2 shows. I hope SFM isn't thinking it's the market's fault as opposed to the company just putting out a flawed product.

#19 of 57 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,426 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 03:22 AM

Quote:
Well I'm probably one of the few who won't be buying "Bewitched" because I'm not that big a fan of the show

Eric: For shame! Shame! Posted Image

#20 of 57 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted March 11 2005 - 03:32 AM

Quote:
This is such a curious release that I wonder if the plot of the Bewitched movie will in some way tie into the Tabitha character. Otherwise, I just can't fathom why they would release this show before seeing how the first few seasons of Bewitched sell.

The BW movie won't have anything to do with Tabitha according to a review of the movie script. So it really is odd they would even think of releasing it. But I suppose now is as good as time as any to release it as they can capitalize on all the hype BW will be getting due to the movie.

Quote:
Well I'm probably one of the few who won't be buying "Bewitched" because I'm not that big a fan of the show but will be buying "Tabitha" just because of Lisa (and I can get rid of the TV Land tapes I've made).

I never thought I'd hear the day that someone liked "Tabitha" over "Bewitched"...it's awesome, in an odd way LOL

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow