What's new

Friday the 13th by Quentin Tarantino (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
If there's even a shred of truth to this, I'll be absolutely amazed. It seems completely unlikely.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Highly doubtful that Quentin would do such a mainstream effort such as this.

If it is true, hell, get Sam Jackson to play Jason! "Ch ch ch ha ha ha motha fucka!!" :D

Uma Thurman can play Pamela Voorhees! :eek:

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Seems right up Tarantino's alley. He does pulp material and makes it highly entertaining. Seems like a great challenge -- to make a 4-star slasher film. If it's true, I can't wait to see it.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Tarantino has talked about remaking Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE for years now and he certainly has a big love for horror so I don't see why he wouldn't want to do something like this.

However, let the no-talents do the remakes. Tarantino should do something original and perhaps, like those 80's slashers, do a sequel every few years.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's a pretty broad statement, Michael, the quality of some remakes isn't bad. Zack Snyder did a great job with the Dawn of the Dead remake, and it was his first feature film.

Remember also, that a lot of the directors who do these remakes are new and just starting out, give them a chance to prove themselves.

Come to think of it, John Travolta stated in an interview that Quentin gets almost annoyed when asked what he's going to do next, also, Quentin stated in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that, after Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2, he may just chill and do something off the wall.

Making the connection between those factors, we may just have a shot at this happening.

If he does, I hope he brings back Chiaki Kuriyama (Go Go Yubari) in some capacity, maybe a victim or something. Anything just to get to see her again, she was a vicious little hottie that got whacked way too early! :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd love to see it! Tarantino did a pretty good vampire flick with the scripting of "From Dusk To Dawn", so a slasher movie isn't really that outlandish, espesially since Kill BIll kicked such might Kung Fu ass, and Tarantino, up till then would of been one of the last people I would of thought would of been abel to pull off a chop sockey flick.

I'd love to see what he could do with such an established property, and to see if he takes it back to it's more hard core roots, or pimps it up with his trade mark snappy dialog.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Go Go was good, but what about Sophie Fatale? THAT woman (Julie Dreyfus) is hot!

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

Have you seen Battle Royale? I'll put it this way...crossbow, knife, mutaliation of genitals. That is all. ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Haggai,
Julie was alright, when she had both arms that is, but I have a thing for psychotic steel-ball-swinging asian's in school girl outfits. ;)

Jason,
is she in that? If so I will check it out as soon as I get my hands on a copy. :emoji_thumbsup:

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
To each his own, John. :D

Although I haven't seen Battle Royale, I know that Chiaki of Go-Go fame is definitely in it. I think that's what QT knew her from when he cast her in Kill Bill.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I can see QT doing a Friday the 13th and it would actually make me pretty interested in the series again. I don't think he would turn it into a major release filled with A-level acting talent. He wouldn't turn it into a "flover of the month" type of film, but I think he would try to minimalize the star factor in order to focus on the horror/gore/Jason aspect of the film. I do think he would try to bring at least one fallen star into the movie a la Travolta in PF and Carradine in KB.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm a big Tarantino fan, as well as F13. I think it would be a very good move at this point, but it sounds unlikely to me.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
This sounds like some bizarre rumor one would hear in some alternate universe, but it is interesting if true.

I think the problem with these 80's horror characters (who if you like it or not did become something of icon figures) is that almost no one with much talent has really has a chance to do anything interesting with them. Especially, later on near the end where they were just completely treated as make the money and run type. Sure, they always were to some extent, but even more so in the later end of the 80's and beyond. They just werent fun anymore at all.

John Carpenter and Wes Craven did good jobs with their films. They have somewhat dated, but I can remember Elm Street 1, 3, and Halloween being very well received by the horror public and even the mainstream for their times.

I have a love to some extent for the Friday series, but it really died out in the 80's. The late 80's sequels just werent much fun anymore. The 90's and early 2000 sequels were just absolutely horrible on all levels IMO, and I didnt care much for Freddy vs Jason.

If this turns out to be true, I am kind of surprised they didnt want to do a movie with both Freddy and Jason again seeing as how well that movie did theatrically worldwide.

But, if it ends true, I would of course see it being a horror fan.

The strange thing which makes this sounds like a rumor according to IGN is that it is said to be a co project by New Line and Paramount. I just cant see these two companies agreeing on anything. They couldnt in 1988 when they tried to agree on a FVJ movie then. But, I will just use the wait and see approach. Besides, I wouldnt think New Line would even need Paramount for anything unless they were trying to get a past character like Corey Feldman or something.

So, an interesting rumor, but still sounds far fetched. I expect it to be declared dead within the week. I thought Q.T. was exclusive with Miramax? Though I hope I am wrong. It would be kind of nice if true. Would definately rather have Q.T. do the project than another Adam Marcus or even Ronny Yu for that matter (sorry fans of it, but I just really didnt like the movie).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Good horror like 'Elm Street 1' and 'Halloween' are timeless, they never get old. Also, I agree with you for the most part regarding the 'Friday the 13th' series growing tired, however I think that Friday the 13th part VI Jason Lives is the exception.

That film has some, quite frankly, amazing moments of cinematography, acting, lighting in it, and Tom Mclaughlin actually tried to make a fairly suspensful sequel that made Jason scary again (I love Kane Hodder, but C.J. Graham will always be my favorite Jason), and I believe he succeeded.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
John, I agree.

What I mean is, when I was growing up in the 80's, for example, Nightmare 1 scared me. It really did. Now when I watch it, it just doesnt seem very scary (not like it was 20 years ago) and Heather L's hair seems to have a life of it's own. But, it was a scary movie when it was made. I still think it is one of the better horror choices to watch (I would pick it in a heartbeat over any horror film out there in the theaters nowadays), but certain aspects of it have certainly dated IMO.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ryan,
here's the trick I use whenever I sit down to watch the original 'Elm Street' and it actually works quite well. I try to sort of transport my brain and my mentality back in time 20 years and imagine what it was like to see it with an audience, before we knew who Freddy was and even what he looked like. I try to forget everything I know about him and look at him on a micro-cosmic level, look upon him as the charactors in the film do, an evil, mysterious spectre that want's to murder me in my sleep.

If you can do that, the fear may return for you, it work's everytime for me.

Also, I still think Heather Langenkamp's hot. :D

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Funny to see this thread. Last nite nothing was on so I watched Friday The 13th P2 on Cinemax. Havent seen it in like 20 years.

I dont belive this though - hes already got....

- A Mandarin language kung fu flick
- Airport disaster film
- Glorious Bastards WW2 film (With most of the cast locked and waiting)

...on his plate.

Shawn_McD

Stunt Coordinator
Quentin is the man, even if does steal alot of his material...he puts it together very nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks