Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Ring Collector's Set: Where is the Ring 2 ticket???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Vincent-P

Vincent-P

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 06:07 AM

I just bought The Ring Collector's Set and opened the outer shrink wrap. I assumed the ticket for The Ring 2 would be in the Rings bonus disc, but mine doesn't have one in there. I don't want to open up the disc for The Ring because I already had that and was planning on exchanging this unopened one for something else at Hasting's. Has anyone else gotten this? Did you get a ticket? Where was it? Do I have to open up The Ring to get it?

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Travis Brashear

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

• 1,175 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 07:46 AM

"I assumed the ticket for The Ring 2 would be in the Rings bonus disc, but mine doesn't have one in there." I daresay you got punked, because that's exactly where it is, in the spot where an insert would go. "I don't want to open up the disc for The Ring because I already had that and was planning on exchanging this unopened one for something else at Hasting's." Same here! I think this is awesome that they packaged this in such a way where a) THE RING is still sealed and stickered individually, b) the UPC code matches the prior single-disc release and c) they put the movie ticket in the 2nd disc's case so you have no reason to have to open the case for THE RING at all (except perhaps for the rare case of a packaging snafu like yours, of course, but even then, I doubt the ticket is in THE RING, since these discs have already been lying around in Universal/Dreamworks Home Video's storage for a couple of years now--they wouldn't unseal them to put in a new movie ticket, then reseal them again; I think your ticket is just missing entirely).
Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part...
--Det. William Somerset, SE7EN

http://www.dvdanthol...-movielist.html), http://LDDb.com/coll....user=Filmmaker

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Rolando

Rolando

Screenwriter

• 1,326 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 11:02 AM

Did not know there was a Ring boxset. what's in this?
Rolando Avendano

My Collection

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Travis Brashear

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

• 1,175 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 11:34 AM

The existing DVD release of THE RING in a combo pack with a new disc titled THE RING: FULL CIRCLE. On the new disc is a 16-minute short film titled RINGS, which supposedly bridges the gap between THE RING and THE RING TWO (I've just watched it--a tad over the top and overly self-important, but in the end, rather good), cast and filmmaker interviews, a featurette on urban legends, all "cursed videos" from THE RING, THE RING TWO and RINGU, and finally, the absolutely bad-ass theatrical trailer for THE RING and the teaser for THE RING TWO.
Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part...
--Det. William Somerset, SE7EN

http://www.dvdanthol...-movielist.html), http://LDDb.com/coll....user=Filmmaker

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Rolando

Rolando

Screenwriter

• 1,326 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 11:48 AM

in other words not worth getting. Would have been good if it had The Ring, Ringu AND the bonus disc.
Rolando Avendano

My Collection

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Bob clamer

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 09:14 AM

Mine was inside the "Rings" case.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 12:52 PM

It really ticks me off when studios do this- Disney's done it (with Pirates Of The Carribean Lost Disc) and now Dreamworks joins in milking the customers Posted Image.....I've already got the original disc and am not about to buy a second copy just to get this bonus disc. Dreamworks should offer those who bought the original release the Rings disc for a small fee...it's only fair and it would please the fans of the film who have bought their copies a long time ago.
Recently watched- Ladyhawke, 47 Ronin: 3D, The Killer Elite, 3 Days To Kill, Pitch Black, The Amazing Spider-man 2: 3D, Khartoum, The Babadook, Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb, The Blue Max, Blade, Guardians Of The Galaxy 3D, Ender's Game, Escape From L.A., Highlander 2, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Escape From New York

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 2, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific

"Sir, the truth is I talk to God all the time, and no offense, but He never mentioned you."

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 01:42 PM

I still haven't seen this movie I might have to pick this up.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,180 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 09 2005 - 02:45 PM

I like the idea of being able to purchase the bonus disc. However, I think anything that's interesting/worthwhile on the bonus disc will probably be on the DVD for The Ring 2.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 06:06 PM

I don't own this on DVD. Might be good to pick this up.
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Rian

Rian

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted March 14 2005 - 09:09 AM

I knew they were gonna double dip so I waited to get it until today and no ticket! Bullocks I say. I guess I got shafted cause I'm Canadian or something. Nonetheless, I wanted the movie anyway so it all works out.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister

Producer

• 4,148 posts

Posted March 14 2005 - 10:09 AM

It really ticks me off when studios do this- Disney's done it (with Pirates Of The Carribean Lost Disc) and now Dreamworks joins in milking the customers ..... The Pirates of the Carribean Lost Disc was nothing special, the best thing on it was the history of the original ride, which was included as a DVD-Rom supplement on your original disc. The rest was just more "fly on the wall" footage and promotional interviews. You didn't miss anything if you didn't get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users