What's new

The Ring Collector's Set: Where is the Ring 2 ticket??? (1 Viewer)

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I just bought The Ring Collector's Set and opened the outer shrink wrap. I assumed the ticket for The Ring 2 would be in the Rings bonus disc, but mine doesn't have one in there. I don't want to open up the disc for The Ring because I already had that and was planning on exchanging this unopened one for something else at Hasting's. Has anyone else gotten this? Did you get a ticket? Where was it? Do I have to open up The Ring to get it?

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
"I assumed the ticket for The Ring 2 would be in the Rings bonus disc, but mine doesn't have one in there."

I daresay you got punked, because that's exactly where it is, in the spot where an insert would go.

"I don't want to open up the disc for The Ring because I already had that and was planning on exchanging this unopened one for something else at Hasting's."

Same here! I think this is awesome that they packaged this in such a way where a) THE RING is still sealed and stickered individually, b) the UPC code matches the prior single-disc release and c) they put the movie ticket in the 2nd disc's case so you have no reason to have to open the case for THE RING at all (except perhaps for the rare case of a packaging snafu like yours, of course, but even then, I doubt the ticket is in THE RING, since these discs have already been lying around in Universal/Dreamworks Home Video's storage for a couple of years now--they wouldn't unseal them to put in a new movie ticket, then reseal them again; I think your ticket is just missing entirely).

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
The existing DVD release of THE RING in a combo pack with a new disc titled THE RING: FULL CIRCLE. On the new disc is a 16-minute short film titled RINGS, which supposedly bridges the gap between THE RING and THE RING TWO (I've just watched it--a tad over the top and overly self-important, but in the end, rather good), cast and filmmaker interviews, a featurette on urban legends, all "cursed videos" from THE RING, THE RING TWO and RINGU, and finally, the absolutely bad-ass theatrical trailer for THE RING and the teaser for THE RING TWO.

Rolando

Screenwriter
in other words not worth getting.

Would have been good if it had The Ring, Ringu AND the bonus disc.

Rian

Stunt Coordinator
I knew they were gonna double dip so I waited to get it until today and no ticket! Bullocks I say. I guess I got shafted cause I'm Canadian or something.

Nonetheless, I wanted the movie anyway so it all works out.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
It really ticks me off when studios do this- Disney's done it (with Pirates Of The Carribean Lost Disc) and now Dreamworks joins in milking the customers .....

The Pirates of the Carribean Lost Disc was nothing special, the best thing on it was the history of the original ride, which was included as a DVD-Rom supplement on your original disc. The rest was just more "fly on the wall" footage and promotional interviews. You didn't miss anything if you didn't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks