What's new

What is Best Buy's Price Match Policy? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Looking at Digital Cameras.

Suppose BB is selling a Camera at $329 but
I see the same camera at New Egg for $289.

Will Best Buy pricematch when I go into the store?

Just wondering what their price match policy is.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
No you don't. Until a few weeks ago I worked in customer service at a Best Buy in Austin (I'm now in inventory). At least at my Best Buy, all you have to do is go up to customer service and say you want a price match on whatever item. If you do not have an ad with you, we will call the competitor. As long as the competitor has the item in stock and they are the exact same model number, we will match their current in store price. Best Buy does not match competitors' rebates. Now if you go ahead and buy the item at Best Buy's price, then return with your receipt to customer service and do the price match after the fact, you will also get 10% of the difference refuned. Or you may be able to get the 10% at the time of original purchase if you specifically ask for it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, from what I gather, they will not match
an online store such as NEWEGG.COM or similar?

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I didn't know New Egg was an online store...I'd never heard of it.

At my store, we do not match prices of any online dealer, including even bestbuy.com. "Best Buy brick and mortar only competes with other brick and mortar retailers."

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Ron, check with Circuit City. The new ones that have opened up here in Southlake and Hurst, when you want to match a price, they just go to the website from their check-out register, see the price and do a match. I haven't tried an online only store yet, but definitely worth a call/try. It's great, they've got a customer-accessible networked computer in the store so you can surf their online site. I always use it when in just to check on what I'm buying.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ron:

From BestBuy.com:

Items purchased at a Best Buy store qualify for our store price guarantee.

Store Price Guarantee
If, within 30 days* (14 days for computers, monitors, printers and notebooks, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors) of your purchase from Best Buy, you find a local competitor (excluding Internet competitors) offering a lower price on an available product of the same brand and model, we'll refund the difference plus another 10% of the difference. Just bring us a current ad or other verifiable written proof of the lower price, plus your original Best Buy sales receipt to claim your refund. This offer good only on all new in-the-box products of the same brand and model that are available in-store at any other local authorized retailer. It does not apply to competitor's one-of-a-kind or other limited quantity offer, or when a bonus or free offer (such as special financing program or manufacturer's rebate) is included in the purchase. Offer does not apply to BestBuy.com pricing. All returns exchanges and price adjustments must be made in the country of original purchase. Go to the customer service counter for details.

BestBuy stores won't match any e-tailers price (even that of bestbuy.com!). But if there's another B&M with a better price and you can bring proof to BB with you, do it. I'm afraid not all BB employees are as helpful as those at Vincent-P's store.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Not matching their online price is the most assinine thing about their policy. Especially since you can go home and place the order and come pick it up and get the online price.

I've only had once when I've had a circumstance where the online price didn't match the store price and in that case the girl gave it to me without any question. I'd probably hunt down a manager and explain to him that he can give me the price, because I'm only going to go home and order it online and come right back to his store to get it anyways.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor

In most of my experiences with Best Buy, the manager would probably still not price match... Then I'd be damned if they were going to get my money by making me do that.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Last evening my girlfriend and I bought two
Canon cameras, a speedlight, two memory cards
and camera cases.

I explained to the sales girl that the BEST BUY
online price for the Canon Cameras were $50 cheaper
than the store price.

I asked that since we were buying so much gear
could she give us the cameras at ONLINE rate.

I also had a copy of the NEWEGG.COM prices.

The salesgirl called the manager. The manager
okay'd the discount. At the register I just
showed them my NEWEGG ad.

Now normally I don't think I would have gotten
the price match. However, when you buy a lot
of equipment at once you generally have more
power to finagle.

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Your lucky, BB refused to PM Compusa 100yards away from them, I offered to do whatever needed(on JBL E25 center for 129.99), all 3 managers refused the Pm, then I called customer service and was told to get a Compusa card and buy it there, so I filed a complaint with the BBB, they said without an actual sale ad they would not match the price.

BTW it was the Compusa buy one get one free JBL speaker sale(I had that ad) and they refused to pricematch Compusa on that too.

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Here is the policy from bestbuy.ca (the Canadian version):

Our Lowest Price Guarantee

Our Lowest Price Guarantee makes sure you get the best price on the products you buy at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca

We will beat lower prices advertised by authorized dealers located in Canada, including prices advertised on the Internet. If, within 30 days* of purchasing an item from Best Buy or BestBuy.ca, you find the same product advertised at a lower price, we will gladly refund you 110% of the difference. If our own price is reduced within 30 days* of your purchase, we would be pleased to refund you the difference as well. *Computers, Monitors, Computer Creation Station Computers, Printers, Notebook Computers, Camcorders, Digital Cameras, Radar Detectors, Portable DVD Players and Air Conditioners are eligible for price protection under our guarantee within 14 days of the date of purchase.

Simply present us with your original Best Buy or BestBuy.ca sales receipt, along with proof that the item you bought is being advertised at a lower price. Once our staff verifies that the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery at the advertised price, you will receive your refund. If you purchased the item from BestBuy.ca and there is no Best Buy store in your area, you can contact us at 1-866-237-8289 or by email at [email protected]. The advertised item must be of the same brand and model as the purchased product, must be new and factory sealed, and subject to a manufacturer's warranty applicable in Canada. Advertised prices must be in Canadian dollars, and will be calculated to include all charges applicable for next day delivery to your home address. Our Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and special financing offers.

Sounds a lot better than the US policy. Even e-tailers are matched, but shipping is factored into the price (which is fair).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Isn't that amazing how different they are for the US and Canada?! The Canadian policy seems pretty clear that even on an in-store purchase they WILL price-match an on-line price. Wow.

That last sentence, though, to be fair, DOES give them a fair amount of wiggle room! :D

Patrick.C

Second Unit

You're missing something very important, though. No Best Buy Reward Zone Points if you go to Circuit City!

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
No, but if you use the Circuit City card, you get rebates that way too. So, what's the difference?

I'll go with better service any day.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I agree completely. I got into an argument with the manager of one of the local Best Buy stores because they would not price match their own website. He ended up getting extremely rude, and Best Buy has now lost me permanently as a customer over a $5 price match with their own website.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
The last time Best Buy told me they could not price match their online site, I calmly went over to their computer department and place the order there.

Aslo since Circuit City came out with their Rewards card I hardly shop at Best Buy anymore.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
circuit city's card is a credit card.

many people dont want another credit card.

plus if you price match for something at CC from BB's add for 3 or 4 dollars then that beats the percentage you would get in return from the BB rewardzone anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks