Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Where are my Iron & Wine fans?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Matt Fisher

Matt Fisher

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 05:01 AM

I've been listening to Our Endless Numbered Days and The Creek Drank The Cradle on my minidisc for about 2 weeks straight now and I can't get enough of Sam Beam's vocals. This music is about as relaxing as it can get, such great little melodies. Also just found out they're doing a little tour around the country, and their last stop is here. Any other I&W fans out there?

#2 of 8 Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter

• 1,745 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 05:37 AM

Good stuff. Posted Image
This message ends with Todd.

Hey kid you got no class. Hit the bums, kid. Run like the devil. Get a tin can and take up mooching. Knock on back doors for a nickel.
Tell them your story. Make 'em weep. You could have been a meat-eater, kid. But you didn't listen to me when I laid it down.
Stay off...

#3 of 8 NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 06:21 AM

*raises hand* here!

I just bought his new EP, Woman King a few days ago... Posted Image

#4 of 8 Matt Fisher

Matt Fisher

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 08:35 AM

Nick how is it? I completely forgot about that, definately need to pick it up

#5 of 8 James Corey

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 11:24 AM

I popped for the vinyl of "Our Endless Numbered Days".... an amazing and beautiful album.

I haven't heard the ep that preceded it, but someone who has it told me it was pretty much a lo-fi affair.

NP:Woman King (if I can find it here in my town)

#6 of 8 Matt Fisher

Matt Fisher

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 12:39 PM

I really need to get a turntable one of these days, I feel like it's a different listening experience listening off vinyl. I&W is very quickly becoming my default listening music while doing work, such nice stuff.

#7 of 8 NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 03:12 PM

The creek drank the cradle is SERIOUSLY lo-fi... sounds like he took a tape recorder and recorded it in his house (which i think remember reading he did)...

Woman King is quite good... more elaborate than "OEND", where OEND had very little background instruments, woman king has more, not as simplistic as OEND

#8 of 8 LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 08:02 AM

Posted Image I thought you meant Iron Maiden and April Wine.