What's new

Which "specials" will be included on the ADVENTURES OF PETE AND PETE DVD? (1 Viewer)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
The most recent information posted about Paramount's upcoming Season One set of THE ADVENTURES OF PETE AND PETE indicated that in addition to the 8 episodes, there will be some (perhaps all) of the initial 1-minute short films and 4 out of the 5 "specials" that aired on Nick before it became a regular series. But I have not been able to find which 4 of the 5 will be included.

For the uninitiated, the five "specials" are:

"Valentine's Day Massacre" - Big Pete accidentally kills the school mascot. Syd Straw and Richard Edson guest star. This was apparently reedited after the initial broadcast, perhaps to remove a reference to school bully Hat Head killing someone by pushing them from a plane;

"New Year's Pete" - Little Pete tries to find meaning in the New Year holiday by having an impact on the world. Hunter S. Thompson guest stars as a partygoer;

"Apocalypse Pete" - Pete's dad has an escalating war of pranks with his best friend Ellen's dad. Steve Buscemi guest stars as Mr. Hickle;

"What We Did On Our Summer Vacation" - Pete, Pete, and Ellen inadvertently scare off beloved ice cream vendor Mr. Tastee, and desperately try to woo him back to Wellsville. Kate Pierson and Michael Stipe guest star;

"Space, Geeks, and Johnny Unitas" - Ellen needs help on a science project while Big Pete ponders whether the new kid at school is an alien.

I don't know why Paramount would only include 4 of these 5 shows with the first season, as it would still be only 13 episodes, shorter than most season boxes. I hope it's not "Summer Vacation" that's being held back; a lot of fans, including myself, are going to feel shortchanged at not getting to hear Captain Scrummy tell Big Pete, "You look like a bonafide Sludgesicle man."

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mark, so far we don't know yet which specials are on there. If we can find out, we'll post something.

John*P

Second Unit
Hopefully all the shorts and specials will eventually be released with the series sets. If not, my collection will always feel incomplete... :frowning:

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I had no idea this was coming to DVD. I'm happy its on DVD, but the DVD quality angers me. I'm torn:angry:

Jon Ganahl

Auditioning
That review is heartbreaking.
This is definitely not a very good start to the Rewind Series.

Sigh...I'll probably buy it anyway.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

Yeah, me too. I have the dirty feeling this is the handiwork of the International Adult Conspiracy. ;)

If only we could send Artie, The Strongest Man in the World to the Nickelodeon offices and straighten this out.

"RECTIFY THIS SHODDY PRESENTATION, OR ELSE I WILL HAVE TO BECOME STRONG WITH YOU!"

JohnMed

Auditioning
Only 2 of the 18 "Pete & Pete" shorts were included in the Paramount box set. This makes no sense, unless the studio is holding them back to issue on the Season 2 box.

Also, the "Space, Geeks and Johnny Unitas" special was inexplicably excluded from the Season 1 box. Hopefully Paramount will release it with Season 2 box, along with the alternate version of the "Halloweenie" episode.

John*D

Second Unit
According to Dave (tvshowsondvd.com), Season 2 is coming November 1st, as with the 2nd season of Clarissa.

Hopefully the video quality will not be as bad this time around. However, I'll be picking the Pete set up regardless. Mr. Tasty is my hero!!

I want Alex Mack, Are you afraid of the Dark, Tomorrow People (90s), and the Animorphs the Rewind collection too. Hopefully those will be out eventually!

Jon Ganahl

Auditioning
I was hoping that the 2nd wave would include different titles, or maybe another Clarissa or (preferably) Pete and Pete and then maybe Salute your Shorts or something. Oh well. I can't complain about getting more Pete and Pete.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm extremely excited to see that it'll be out this year. Hopefully "Space, Geeks, and Johnny Unitas" will be included, as well as a bunch of shorts.

John*P

Second Unit
They should put "Space, Geeks and Johnny Unitas" on the Season 2 set, along with a handful of shorts, and then put the remaining shorts on the S3 set. (since there will be no specials for the S3 set) I gotta have 'em all...

The shorts (aka "60s") are mentioned quite a bit during the commentaries on the S1 set, and it really makes me want to watch them all...

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I know...I was watching "Day of the Dot" with commentary for the first time last night (great commentary track) and they kept mentioning that it was an expansion of one of the 60s...

Aidar

Auditioning
According to tvshowsondvd.com the show is closed captioned, but according to David Galindo's review it is not. Anyone knows who is mistaken?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Except we were also going off information supplied to us, and IGN could be going off the actual DVD set.

Gord

Kate*H

Agent
So which episodes will be on the second set? I tried to look it up over at tv.com but their episode listing for Pete and Pete has gotten screwey. Oh tvtome, how I miss you so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks