Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Which "specials" will be included on the ADVENTURES OF PETE AND PETE DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,156 posts

Posted March 06 2005 - 10:38 PM

The most recent information posted about Paramount's upcoming Season One set of THE ADVENTURES OF PETE AND PETE indicated that in addition to the 8 episodes, there will be some (perhaps all) of the initial 1-minute short films and 4 out of the 5 "specials" that aired on Nick before it became a regular series. But I have not been able to find which 4 of the 5 will be included.

For the uninitiated, the five "specials" are:

"Valentine's Day Massacre" - Big Pete accidentally kills the school mascot. Syd Straw and Richard Edson guest star. This was apparently reedited after the initial broadcast, perhaps to remove a reference to school bully Hat Head killing someone by pushing them from a plane;

"New Year's Pete" - Little Pete tries to find meaning in the New Year holiday by having an impact on the world. Hunter S. Thompson guest stars as a partygoer;

"Apocalypse Pete" - Pete's dad has an escalating war of pranks with his best friend Ellen's dad. Steve Buscemi guest stars as Mr. Hickle;

"What We Did On Our Summer Vacation" - Pete, Pete, and Ellen inadvertently scare off beloved ice cream vendor Mr. Tastee, and desperately try to woo him back to Wellsville. Kate Pierson and Michael Stipe guest star;

"Space, Geeks, and Johnny Unitas" - Ellen needs help on a science project while Big Pete ponders whether the new kid at school is an alien.

I don't know why Paramount would only include 4 of these 5 shows with the first season, as it would still be only 13 episodes, shorter than most season boxes. I hope it's not "Summer Vacation" that's being held back; a lot of fans, including myself, are going to feel shortchanged at not getting to hear Captain Scrummy tell Big Pete, "You look like a bonafide Sludgesicle man."
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 06 2005 - 11:36 PM

Mark, so far we don't know yet which specials are on there. If we can find out, we'll post something.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted March 07 2005 - 02:43 PM

Hopefully all the shorts and specials will eventually be released with the series sets. If not, my collection will always feel incomplete... Posted Image

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   David Galindo

David Galindo

Screenwriter

• 1,264 posts

Posted May 03 2005 - 02:33 PM

First review: great DVD, HORRID video transfer:

http://dvd.ign.com/a...9/609692p1.html

Gah. Posted Image

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   Ravi K

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

• 707 posts

Posted May 03 2005 - 04:06 PM

I had no idea this was coming to DVD. I'm happy its on DVD, but the DVD quality angers me. I'm tornPosted Image

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   Jon Ganahl

Jon Ganahl

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted May 03 2005 - 06:14 PM

That review is heartbreaking.
This is definitely not a very good start to the Rewind Series.

Sigh...I'll probably buy it anyway.

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,156 posts

Posted May 04 2005 - 06:05 PM

Quote:
Sigh...I'll probably buy it anyway.

Yeah, me too. I have the dirty feeling this is the handiwork of the International Adult Conspiracy. Posted Image

If only we could send Artie, The Strongest Man in the World to the Nickelodeon offices and straighten this out.

"RECTIFY THIS SHODDY PRESENTATION, OR ELSE I WILL HAVE TO BECOME STRONG WITH YOU!"
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted May 06 2005 - 03:41 PM

they listed the shorts on Amazon

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   JohnMed

JohnMed

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 17 2005 - 07:56 AM

Only 2 of the 18 "Pete & Pete" shorts were included in the Paramount box set. This makes no sense, unless the studio is holding them back to issue on the Season 2 box.

Also, the "Space, Geeks and Johnny Unitas" special was inexplicably excluded from the Season 1 box. Hopefully Paramount will release it with Season 2 box, along with the alternate version of the "Halloweenie" episode.

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   Antonio_G

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted May 17 2005 - 08:20 AM

ign always do that to their reviews like that so don't pay attention to that website...

#11 of 25 OFFLINE   Sean Frost

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted May 17 2005 - 11:54 AM

I picked this up at walmart today.
"There was....there was this guy, he had knives for fingers"

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 04:55 AM

According to Dave (tvshowsondvd.com), Season 2 is coming November 1st, as with the 2nd season of Clarissa.

Hopefully the video quality will not be as bad this time around. However, I'll be picking the Pete set up regardless. Mr. Tasty is my hero!!

I want Alex Mack, Are you afraid of the Dark, Tomorrow People (90s), and the Animorphs the Rewind collection too. Hopefully those will be out eventually!

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   Jon Ganahl

Jon Ganahl

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 05:00 AM

I was hoping that the 2nd wave would include different titles, or maybe another Clarissa or (preferably) Pete and Pete and then maybe Salute your Shorts or something. Oh well. I can't complain about getting more Pete and Pete.

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 06:41 AM

I'm extremely excited to see that it'll be out this year. Hopefully "Space, Geeks, and Johnny Unitas" will be included, as well as a bunch of shorts.

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 02:29 PM

They should put "Space, Geeks and Johnny Unitas" on the Season 2 set, along with a handful of shorts, and then put the remaining shorts on the S3 set. (since there will be no specials for the S3 set) I gotta have 'em all...

The shorts (aka "60s") are mentioned quite a bit during the commentaries on the S1 set, and it really makes me want to watch them all...

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 03:58 PM

I know...I was watching "Day of the Dot" with commentary for the first time last night (great commentary track) and they kept mentioning that it was an expansion of one of the 60s...

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   Aidar

Aidar

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 01:06 AM

According to tvshowsondvd.com the show is closed captioned, but according to David Galindo's review it is not. Anyone knows who is mistaken?

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   David Galindo

David Galindo

Screenwriter

• 1,264 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 02:05 AM

Id go with tvshowsondvd, since they seem to be slightly more reliable than IGN.

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted July 26 2005 - 03:29 AM

Except we were also going off information supplied to us, and IGN could be going off the actual DVD set.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   Kate*H

Kate*H

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted July 27 2005 - 01:24 PM

So which episodes will be on the second set? I tried to look it up over at tv.com, but their episode listing for Pete and Pete has gotten screwey. Oh tvtome, how I miss you so.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are