Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Soderbergh commentary on Erin Brockovich

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   StephenALT

• 27 posts

Posted March 06 2005 - 11:58 AM

What's the story? Why is there only one on the outtakes and not for the feature. I love his commentaries and he has some great stuff to say on this DVD--but it only seems to scratch the surface. Also, he starts off without any kind of introduction, which seems weird. Does anybody know if one was recorded for the film?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted March 06 2005 - 01:47 PM

The film was released the same year as Traffic. I suspect that he was somewhat pre-occupied at the time on other matters to do a commentary over the whole film. Or, he just didn't want to.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor

• 884 posts

Posted March 06 2005 - 03:52 PM

Supposedly he wanted to do one. With either the screenwriter or the real Erin Brockovich (can't remember which). The studio wouldn't let him, so he said screw it. From what I understand he did not do one for the upcoming Ocean's 12 DVD.
Government in action = Government inaction

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Stewart Storrar

Stewart Storrar

• 20 posts

Posted March 07 2005 - 10:31 AM

I heard/read that it was the screenwriter, I can't remember where though. I have some recollection that it was actually Mr Soderbergh himself in a commentary or other special feature. Stewart. Edit: I'm starting to think it was the commentary on Solaris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users