What's new

DVD Player Upgrade Really Needed? (1 Viewer)

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator
I just upgraded to a 55" Sony Grand Wega LCD RP...I was Thinking of upgrading to a Denon 2910 DVD player (mainly because of the HDMI input) but my old and trusty Mitsubishi 8020 looks stunning on the new LCD (via component video)
I know the Denon is supposed to be a superior machine, but the picture from the Mits really looks good...Is there any overwhelming reason to upgrade or just ride it out until the first generation HD players start hitting the market?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ride it out, James. You love your present player, and it will do you just fine until HD DVD arrives (or Blue-ray, if that is your preference).

John S

Senior HTF Member
As good as the de-interlacing is in most modern displays, especially higher end as the Sony. Often time best results are with a 480i only player on a component video connection.

I have seen very cheap players like this work better than many high end players on quite a few different displays lately. Sort of ironic really. :)

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Yep, if it ain't fixed, don't broke it ;) Enjoy your setup and save up for the next "gotta have it".

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks