What's new

The Shield - Season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
Mean't Spoiler Discussion :)

Just saw the 1st 2 episodes of The Shield Season 4 and I love the addition of Glenn Close as the new chief. Certainly is a different approach for Vic this season.

Parris

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah the new captain has something up her sleeve that hasn't revealed itself yet. I also get the feeling that something big is going to go down with Shane as he seems to be even more crooked without Vic to reel him in. I also get the sneaky feeling that Vic will be the one to find out about Aceveda's hooker fetish and use that info to his advantage.

it's gonna be a great season.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
It's been so long since the last season that I forgot what's going on. Hasn't it been a year since the season 3 finale?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's been about 6 months in "The Shield" time between season 3's finale and season 4's premiere.

After also checking out these 2 early episodes, Season 4 looks promising, Glenn Close will be good in the role as the new chief now that Acevada is moving on to the councilman seat.

I guess we aren't going to see Tavon anytime soon.

While the Strike Team has been dismantled, it's interesting how the team still appears to have some glue within the core 4, even though it is getting stretched thin due to the personalities. Vic's pretty much stuck at the farm for now.

Duane R

Second Unit
Although there's a spoiler thread for this, I didn't see one for the season itself. At any rate, I just thought I'd get the party started in anticipation of tonight's premiere. After the money train debacle and the dissolution of the strike team, I wonder what's in store for Vic this season? Will Tavon return?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've gone ahead and merged the threads, and spoilered some comments for the time being until the episodes are aired, starting with the 1st episode tonight on FX in the usual 10 p.m. EST timeslot, but bear in mind that tonight's episode runs an extra 6 minutes long (in case some of you do recordings on VCRs, be sure to pad the record time, or check to see if your DVR's channel guide has the extended recording time in place).

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen the first two episodes of Season 4, and without giving anything away, I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I've never been a big fan of Glenn Close, but she does a good job with her role here ....

Bryan

Brian.L

Supporting Actor
Having seen the first 2 episodes also, I agree that Glenn Close is pretty decent, though
maybe a little too omniscient/perfect in the first couple of episodes. I guess we'll see how it plays out, but one of the things that's so great about the Shield is that NOBODY's perfect.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It was cool seeing Vic and Ronnie working together. And I loved Ronnie's line to Mackey "I thought they fixed your face?"

I'm thoroughly enjoying Glenn Close's character too. I knew she was a darn good actor but she's doing great so far. No makeup, pretty movie star crap either. :)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

I am still up in the air about the glenn close character...... I will wait and see before I make a final judgement on her character..

Tuesday cannot come quick enough.....

R~

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Vic has created a monster in Shane as Shane's moral boundaries keep expanding to many shades of gray.

Duane R

Second Unit
Without Vic to reign him in, Shane looks to have big problems in short order. It appears that it's going to come to a head between him and Vic sometime this year. Lem was looking homesick after helping out at the barn and evidently, the Youth Services (or whatever it was called) is too mellow for him.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Rhett, I don't think Shane killed that guy. He knows who did but he didn't do it himself. He wouldn't have offered Mackey his gun if he had fired it. Anyway, Shane is definitely bad news this year. Shane still knows all the old dirt on Mackey and we all know that Vic isn't going to take that. :)

I hope they get Lem back in to the show (and the strike team) again.

"We named him Jackson."

"After Michael?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks