Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Head Unit/CD Changer problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Marcus D

Marcus D

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 10:21 AM

I had my factory head unit and speakers replaced with an Alpine Head Unit to go along with my Alpine 6 disc changer. I had an FM modulator that played/controlled the CD's in the CD changer. I had this removed so I could control the CD changer through the Alpine head unit. I already have a sub and amp connected as well. The problem I am having is when I turn the head unit on FM/AM I get bass from the sub and amp as normal. When I push Source Direct on the Alpine head unit to play my CD's from the CD changer or put in a CD in the head unit I get no bass from my amp or sub. I noticed that when I push Source Direct to play CD's, when I play the radio it obviously goes up. Do I need to add another connection or is something not connected. Please help

Thanks

#2 of 2 Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted March 02 2005 - 05:19 AM

That's a weird problem. Have you tried your question at caraudio.com or caraudioforum.com ? They may be able to help you.