Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Head Unit/CD Changer problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Marcus D

Marcus D

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 10:21 AM

I had my factory head unit and speakers replaced with an Alpine Head Unit to go along with my Alpine 6 disc changer. I had an FM modulator that played/controlled the CD's in the CD changer. I had this removed so I could control the CD changer through the Alpine head unit. I already have a sub and amp connected as well. The problem I am having is when I turn the head unit on FM/AM I get bass from the sub and amp as normal. When I push Source Direct on the Alpine head unit to play my CD's from the CD changer or put in a CD in the head unit I get no bass from my amp or sub. I noticed that when I push Source Direct to play CD's, when I play the radio it obviously goes up. Do I need to add another connection or is something not connected. Please help

Thanks

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted March 02 2005 - 05:19 AM

That's a weird problem. Have you tried your question at caraudio.com or caraudioforum.com ? They may be able to help you.