Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Best SACD player options under $350

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Scotty V

Scotty V

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted February 28 2005 - 08:50 AM

I'm interested in adding a CD player to my system which is run by a Denon 3805. I have $350 to spend and want to join the SACD/DVD-A world. I've found it's not possible to find an audio-only player that can support the basic CD formats, MP3, DVD-A, and SACD. I have come to the understanding I will need a machine that also supports DVD-Video (even though I use a Denon 1910 for video and I am quite happy with it). I have been told the Pioneer Elite DV45A has excellent audio but not so great video, which is fine with me. I would like a couple of suggestions to go along with the Pioneer so I can demo them at the same time if possible. Any thoughts to machines that support the formats I want for under $350? Thanks.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   MattLS

MattLS

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted February 28 2005 - 09:01 AM

I have a Denon 2200 and absolutely love it. Fantastic video and audio. I picked it up for around $300, with manufactuer's and extended warranty, from Ecost.com (if you don't mind a refurb, of course.)

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   PaulDA

PaulDA

Screenwriter

• 2,586 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted February 28 2005 - 09:33 AM

Audioholics gave a rave review of the new Yamaha C750 for its audio prowess. It even offers flexible bass management settings for SACD (few universals do that) and it retails for under 350$.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   matthewRaz

matthewRaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted February 28 2005 - 01:34 PM

i have the yamaha c750 - use mainly for audio - sounds (redbook, dvd-a and sacd) and works great. i've seen it listed online for less than $250 amer. (+ shipping) - note: its a 5-disk changer. lots of info and opinion (good and bad) in this forum