What's new

"Special Unit 2" and "Freaky Links" on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Are there any plans to release these 2 short-lived shows on DVD? I really enjoyed them when they first aired. Special Unit 2 was sort of a humorous X-Files clone.

And given the chaos surrounding the production of Freaky Links, the show still, somehow, turned out pretty good. It had a likable cast, terrific stories and an intriguing mystery. Only 13 episodes were produced before it was cancelled.

I would love to add these 2 series to my DVD collection. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I recently transferred both shows from my slp recordings to dvd. It really saddened me regarding Special Unit 2. It was a very well written show. Just enough seriousness and humor. And the banter between the main cop and the Carl the Gnome was great.

JohnAP

Second Unit
Freakylinks is probably a longshot at only a half season. I know a lot of half season shows are being released from Fox lately, but most of those are either fresh in viewers minds or were made by Chris Carter. Special Unit 2, I believe, actually made it to a second season and seemed to have a fanbase, so it probably has a decent chance all things considered.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I would love to see both make it to dvd...

I loved Freaky Links... but never got to see special unit 2.. but it sounds like something I would like. So I would definately pick it up as a blind buy.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator
Freaky Links was a lot of fun, and the two ladies were very attractive. Would be a good cult DVD, meaning it won't get done if the studio has any big expectations about sales.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Special Unit 2 was a great show that was cut down in it prime when CBS took over the UPN shows. It only had 6 episodes in it first season and then returned with a promise of a full season for the second season but right in the middle of the second season the producer was notified that it was being cancelled. It had a big fan base and the producer (Evan Katz) was fantastic about answering our questions about the show.

I would love to see this one on dvd, I transfered all my episodes to dvd but that wouldn't stop me from buying it in a heartbeat, the humor and banter never grow old.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Gotta love Carl the Gnome, he was hilarious. You know what was funny, my uncle partly owns a dry cleaning business called Golden Dragon Dry Cleaning (in the show it was the public front for their operations), but I bet there are a billion of them with that name.

Matthew Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I am glad I stumbled upon this thread I loved Special Unit 2 but for got the name after the years I too would love to see this on DVD. I still wonder why it was canceled it was kinda like the funny side of X files.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Because tv needed more reality shows. Seriously, it was when I believe a company bought Paramount. And the new president personally didn't like the show. Even though it did ok in the ratings. :angry:

Matthew Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I like to watch a few reality shows but when I saw WHO's YOUR DADDY I was like ok it went to far. People would do anything to get people to their show

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I'm hoping that the guys who run the TV Shows on DVD site will make an appearance in this thread and say "We have a great surprise for you 'Freaky Links' and 'Special Unit 2' fans!"

But since they haven't chimed in yet, I guess that means there are no DVD plans for our 2 shows. :frowning:

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd certainly pick up Freakylinks on DVD. I was a fan of the show back when it aired and I'd love to see the episodes that I missed. I won't hold my breath but I'd REALLY like to have the show on DVD.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Special Unit 2 was one of the very best shows of the last decade. The fact that it didn't last longer is an incredible shame.

IMO, it was that good.

Never saw Freakylinks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks