-

Photo
- - - - -

"Special Unit 2" and "Freaky Links" on DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted February 27 2005 - 12:08 PM

Are there any plans to release these 2 short-lived shows on DVD? I really enjoyed them when they first aired. Special Unit 2 was sort of a humorous X-Files clone.

And given the chaos surrounding the production of Freaky Links, the show still, somehow, turned out pretty good. It had a likable cast, terrific stories and an intriguing mystery. Only 13 episodes were produced before it was cancelled.

I would love to add these 2 series to my DVD collection. Posted Image

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   Jamie Middleton

Jamie Middleton

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted February 27 2005 - 12:33 PM

i enjoied freaklinks as well it would be a great release to have on dvd.
i think im cute, i know im sexy. i got the looks that drive the girls wild !!!!

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,895 posts

Posted February 27 2005 - 02:26 PM

I recently transferred both shows from my slp recordings to dvd. It really saddened me regarding Special Unit 2. It was a very well written show. Just enough seriousness and humor. And the banter between the main cop and the Carl the Gnome was great.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   JohnAP

JohnAP

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted February 27 2005 - 06:56 PM

Freakylinks is probably a longshot at only a half season. I know a lot of half season shows are being released from Fox lately, but most of those are either fresh in viewers minds or were made by Chris Carter. Special Unit 2, I believe, actually made it to a second season and seemed to have a fanbase, so it probably has a decent chance all things considered.

#5 of 19 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted February 27 2005 - 08:16 PM

I would love to see both make it to dvd...

I loved Freaky Links... but never got to see special unit 2.. but it sounds like something I would like. So I would definately pick it up as a blind buy.

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted February 28 2005 - 05:18 AM

Quote:
I recently transferred both shows from my slp recordings to dvd. It really saddened me regarding Special Unit 2. It was a very well written show. Just enough seriousness and humor. And the banter between the main cop and the Carl the Gnome was great.

The constant barbs between Carl the Gnome and the cop were great. lol. Posted Image

#7 of 19 OFFLINE   Eric_Bee

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 04:51 AM

Freaky Links was a lot of fun, and the two ladies were very attractive. Would be a good cult DVD, meaning it won't get done if the studio has any big expectations about sales.

#8 of 19 OFFLINE   peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 05:32 AM

Special Unit 2 was a great show that was cut down in it prime when CBS took over the UPN shows. It only had 6 episodes in it first season and then returned with a promise of a full season for the second season but right in the middle of the second season the producer was notified that it was being cancelled. It had a big fan base and the producer (Evan Katz) was fantastic about answering our questions about the show.

I would love to see this one on dvd, I transfered all my episodes to dvd but that wouldn't stop me from buying it in a heartbeat, the humor and banter never grow old.

#9 of 19 OFFLINE   Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 04:31 PM

Gotta love Carl the Gnome, he was hilarious. You know what was funny, my uncle partly owns a dry cleaning business called Golden Dragon Dry Cleaning (in the show it was the public front for their operations), but I bet there are a billion of them with that name.

#10 of 19 OFFLINE   Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted March 02 2005 - 04:40 AM

I am glad I stumbled upon this thread I loved Special Unit 2 but for got the name after the years I too would love to see this on DVD. I still wonder why it was canceled it was kinda like the funny side of X files.

#11 of 19 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,895 posts

Posted March 02 2005 - 05:07 AM

Quote:
I still wonder why it was canceled it was kinda like the funny side of X files.

Because tv needed more reality shows. Seriously, it was when I believe a company bought Paramount. And the new president personally didn't like the show. Even though it did ok in the ratings. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#12 of 19 OFFLINE   Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted March 02 2005 - 05:31 AM

I like to watch a few reality shows but when I saw WHO's YOUR DADDY I was like ok it went to far. People would do anything to get people to their show

#13 of 19 OFFLINE   Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted March 02 2005 - 07:23 AM

I'm hoping that the guys who run the TV Shows on DVD site will make an appearance in this thread and say "We have a great surprise for you 'Freaky Links' and 'Special Unit 2' fans!"

But since they haven't chimed in yet, I guess that means there are no DVD plans for our 2 shows. Posted Image

#14 of 19 OFFLINE   Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,032 posts

Posted March 02 2005 - 08:19 AM

I'd certainly pick up Freakylinks on DVD. I was a fan of the show back when it aired and I'd love to see the episodes that I missed. I won't hold my breath but I'd REALLY like to have the show on DVD.

#15 of 19 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 02 2005 - 12:46 PM

Joey, I have nothing up my sleeve. Sorry.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#16 of 19 OFFLINE   Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted March 03 2005 - 05:32 AM

That's ok, David. I'm sure we'll see the 2 shows on DVD someday. Posted Image

#17 of 19 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,507 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 03 2005 - 09:48 AM

Special Unit 2 was one of the very best shows of the last decade. The fact that it didn't last longer is an incredible shame.

IMO, it was that good.

Never saw Freakylinks though.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#18 of 19 OFFLINE   David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted March 03 2005 - 05:18 PM

I love Freakylinks. Never seen SU 2.
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#19 of 19 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 10:33 AM

Wish Paramount and Fox would hurry up and put these two shows out on dvd

Forum Nav Content I Follow