Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#41 of 491 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 11:09 AM

I think they were either $49.99 or $59.99 at C3. However, they were all sold out by the time I got there. Imagine that. Posted Image
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#42 of 491 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,712 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 08:12 PM

When I do get one of these nice sabers I'll post it here. Posted Image So even the .45 scaled ones are considered collectible items and high end? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :b

#43 of 491 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,702 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 08:24 PM

Tim,

I look forward to seeing your updated profile photo when you get one of those sabers. Posted Image

Yes, I totally dig those .45 scale replicas. The only way I can afford what I buy is because I had to make a decision. Like Louie said he only wants to do SideShowToy or Gentle Giants sculptures, I decided (after I was already accumulating too much), that I had to focus soley on Vader. While it is cool to have a full scale, limited edition Darth Vader EPIV saber, I really only bought it, initally, to complete my full-scale Vader. I had no idea what it would be worth, or, really, how cool it would be.

Those sabers, regardless of scale, are crafted really really well. And the .45 scale one, frankly, make more sense for people who want to have them on display in their hometheaters without them taking over the whole room.

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

#44 of 491 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 10:23 PM

I have a Darth Sidious .45 Scale lightsaber. The detailing is good, and it has a nice feel of solid construction to it. But man, the thing is tiny!!! It's the size of a Pez Dispenser.....minus the head. But it's still nice. Looks good on a shelf.

#45 of 491 OFFLINE   Kajs

Kajs

Second Unit

• 450 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 06:30 AM

Rebelscum says those ESB 3-D posters were $20! It is smaller than the rest, but that seems like a deal.

http://www.rebelscum...de3C3poster.asp

#46 of 491 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,702 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 07:19 AM

Dome,

Where did you get yours? I know different stores had differnet colored exclusives.

I know the exclusives get people excited, but I guess I always want something that is as close as possible to the original prop. When they alter the color (making something chromed or silver, or gold), I guess I feel like I have some "less accurate" rather than something "exclusive." Maybe I am

just wierd!

Posted Image

Here is a link to a jpeg:

http://threads.rebel....&fpart=18&vc=1

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

#47 of 491 OFFLINE   Kraig Lang

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 08:49 AM

Ooohh, Fun, I get to brag about my meager collection now Posted Image

So far from Master Replicas;

The first version of the Anakin FX Lightsaber

The more recent Anakin EpIII FX Lightsaber

All the .45 hilts available from the MR site (Would love to get some of the exclusives)

And the Yavin Medal

I gotta say, I love the look and feel of the new FX sabers. Much tighter and cleaner than the original. And the Yavin Medal in the display box gets a lot of attention.

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of the full size hilts.

I love Master Replica's work.
MOISTURE...*Silica Absorbs It*

#48 of 491 OFFLINE   Chazz_S

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

• 501 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 10:41 AM

Don't know if any of you will collect Ep 3 stuff but Sideshow's marvelous looking Grievous statue is now up for order- rumored that the first 300 are exclusive (with cape)

http://www.sideshowt....cgi?item=71261

#49 of 491 OFFLINE   Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the link. I haven't received the newsletter yet so I needed that.
Xbox Gamertag: badlieut

#50 of 491 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 11:27 AM

I LOVE that Sideshow Grievous statue. If I wasn't setting that money aside for their Limited Edition Vader statue, I'd probably get it. I've already got my heart set on Darth, though, so unfortunately I won't be getting The General.

#51 of 491 OFFLINE   Chazz_S

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

• 501 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 12:53 PM

[quote]

I LOVE that Sideshow Grievous statue. If I wasn't setting that money aside for their Limited Edition Vader statue, I'd probably get it. I've already got my heart set on Darth, though, so unfortunately I won't be getting The General.

[quote]

Same here, I'm getting Vader as well. I don't even know if I'll like Ep3- but that won't matter too much I guess. Darth Maul is still pretty cool even if the movie wasn't great. Still I don't have $450 to invest in this at the moment

#52 of 491 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 02:50 PM

Chazz,

Do you have the Sideshow Vader pre-ordered or are you just going to try and get one on the secondary market? I missed out on pre-ordering for $350 when I had the chance and I'm kicking myself for letting that opportunity go by. Now I'll have to pay significantly more to get one. I think it will be worth it, though. That thing is awesome! Posted Image

#53 of 491 OFFLINE   Peter Kim

Peter Kim

Screenwriter

• 1,577 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 02:54 PM

[quote]

Rebelscum says those ESB 3-D posters were $20! It is smaller than the rest, but that seems like a deal.

[quote]

Kurt, do you know where I can buy this 3D poster? And I'm not sure if this follows the same line of Code 3 Legendary Casts posters for A New Hope, ESB, and RotJ, going for $59.99 each on Amazon.

If so, why is this one so inexpensive compared to the rest?
my girls rock Balenciaga & smoke mad marijuana - M.O.B.

#54 of 491 OFFLINE   Chazz_S

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

• 501 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 03:43 PM

Yeah I have 1 SS vader on Pre-Order Brent, as these things are so expensive since they are all 1/4 scale I'm just going to get ONE and that's Vader.. You might consider getting the Grievous and trading someone for the Vader later(i.e. selling it for a profit).... it'll surely be a hot item even more so after the film hits

#55 of 491 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 04:30 PM

[quote]

If so, why is this one so inexpensive compared to the rest?

[quote]

Because it was only sold at Celebration 3. It was already sold out when I got there.

You can only get it on the secondary market now. I got mine on eBay.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#56 of 491 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 06:21 PM

Just got two of the Kotobukiya Japanese statues in the mail today: Boba Fett and Darth Maul. I saw them on display at Celebration III and thought they were pretty cool looking so I went ahead and ordered them online. The detail on these things is really amazing, especially the Boba Fett. Naturally they're not as high quality as the statues from Sideshow, Attakus, etc, but for a fraction of the price they're pretty nice display pieces. Posted Image

#57 of 491 OFFLINE   Chazz_S

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

• 501 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 06:24 PM

What a coincidence Brent- someone on my forum just got in a bunch of those today as well:

http://charles-song....topic.php?t=662

And they DO look good, coming from a diehard Weta guy- which is saying a lot considering that they are relatively inexpensive!

#58 of 491 OFFLINE   Tom J. Davis

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit

• 406 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 07:06 PM

[quote]

Rebelscum says those ESB 3-D posters were $20!

[quote]

That is true. I was looking at them at C3 and didn't have any idea they were exclusive to the show. Posted Image The only regreat I have from C3 , other than that it was awsome!

Oh well, at least I got my C3 exclusive Vader figures.

#59 of 491 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 07:19 PM

Chazz,

Wow, that is a coincidence that we both got 2 of the same figures on the same day. I was really impressed with the Kotobukiya statues I saw on display at C3 so I decided to go ahead and order the Fett and Maul. I got both of them for $170(shipping and insurance included) so I can't really complain too much about the price. I was thinking about getting the Vader they have available now, but after I saw the one that's coming out in September I decided to just go ahead and wait for it. I don't know if you've seen it yet, but let me tell you it's absolutely AWESOME. In fact, I dare say that it looks nearly as good as the Gentle Giant, Sideshow and Attakus Vader statues. It's noticeably bigger than all the other Koto statues and it's much more detailed than their current Vader. When I saw it at C3 I was absolutely blown away and I can't wait until it's available. Posted Image

#60 of 491 OFFLINE   Chazz_S

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

• 501 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 07:26 PM

Wow thanks for the heads up on that, I'll look through some C3 galleries and see if I can get a glimpse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users