Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Obscure rock song trivia challenge!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack Spencer

Jack Spencer

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted February 26 2005 - 09:49 AM

Welcome to my obscure rock song trivia challenge. Could also be titled "I really like this song and need someone to tell me what it is."

Comes from: The TV series Andromeda, season 3 eposide 8, "For whom the bell tolls."

Sounds like: Some obscure 80s rock band

Lyrics I can make out: "you dream about what you wanna be and you cry cause you're not like me..
still moan about the nothing you got but what you got is high
you make me crazy, you make me shiver"

Final clue: Listen to some bits & pieces of the song here, cut from two different scenes in the show: (1.88MB)

Is anyone up to this challenge?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Cambryn

Cambryn

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 26 2005 - 10:21 AM

I used to work at Sam Goody 5 years back and still can not name that tune! I will ask around for you...
Cambryn@tvauthority.com

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted February 26 2005 - 02:26 PM

Well, I got the lyrics right, but I am not positive who did it. My best guess is that it is 'For Whom the Bells Toll' by Metallica.

Glenn

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter

• 1,494 posts

Posted February 26 2005 - 03:13 PM

It definitely ain't Metallica. Posted Image As for the song, I have no idea. Even trying a phrase search in Google came up empty, and that never happens. Even if I don't hear the lyrics quite right I can usually tweak them enough within Google to figure it out, but this time it's stone cold.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack Spencer

Jack Spencer

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted February 26 2005 - 03:37 PM

I know, I can't help but wonder if it's not some KISS-like cover band, or just a one-off for the show, but it sounds decent enough to be a real song. Surely someone has heard this before or has access to better resources to find it. This is the first time Google has ever failed me in such a quest.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted February 27 2005 - 06:10 AM

Quote:
I know, I can't help but wonder if it's not some KISS-like cover band, or just a one-off for the show, but it sounds decent enough to be a real song.
Well, I'll have to disagree on the "decent" part. Didn't sound like a real song to me. Posted Image

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted February 27 2005 - 03:49 PM

??

Quote:
"Demon Queen"
Music by Matthew McCauley
Lyrics by Allan Eastman
Episode: {"For Whom the Bell Tolls" (2002) (ep. #3.8)}

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack Spencer

Jack Spencer

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted February 27 2005 - 06:00 PM

Chris, not sure, but the more I think about it the more I think it's possible. McCauley did all of the orchestral stuff for Andromeda, but it does say "Lyrics by" ... and I can't think of any other actual songs in that episode that had lyrics.

Barring a second opinion, I think that's got to be it. Which means the rest of the song, if it exists, might be impossible to get ahold of, and might not be all that great anyway.

Oh well. Thanks for playing, everyone.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack Spencer

Jack Spencer

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted February 28 2005 - 05:33 PM

Chris: More searching reveals you're right. That's exactly what it is.

Thank you!

Forum Nav Content I Follow