What's new

The Noll Family Home Theater ready for viewing in the Gallery (1 Viewer)

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Construction of this 13'3" X 32', 16 seat theater begain in April 2004 and was completed in February 2005. The theater features a 96" X 54" widescreen image projected on a Stewart Firehawk screen by a Runco VX1000ci DLP projector & DHD controller. The 7.1 sound system includes a Denon 3805 A/v processor and Definitive Technology BP7001SC main speakers, a C/L/R 2500 center speaker and four BP2X surround speakers. A Denon DVD-2200 audio-video/super audio CD player and a High-definition TV cable converter supply the sources. A Panamax MAX 5300 surge/line conditioning system protects the entire theater system. Remote control is via an iPronto tsi6400 which controls everything in the theater including the 10-zone Lutron lighting system. A High-definition game port is available for use with X-Box and Playstation game consules. Hope you enjoy seeing the Noll Family Home Theater. :D

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
I'm trying to link to my gallery page but i'm not able to.
Just go to HT gallery and you will find my album.

AaronCushing

Agent
very nice. Talk to me about that ceiling. Is it a nail-up panel, or a drop-into t-bar, or embossed wallpaper? It looks amazing. What's the price like (if you don't mind)?

Excellent work all around. Thanks for sharing.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron,

The ceiling is Armstrong 12" X 12" Tin Look ceiling tile #1240. Cost approx $1.35 per tile. It comes in the standard white color. It is paintable. I sprayed mine with cans of Dupli-Color Gold Laquer spray paint after tile was installed on furring strips.

David

Tom Kay

Stunt Coordinator
Hi David

Wow ! That's one professional looking HT. Did you do all the work yourself?

Is the wood that you've used for the columns oak? Or something else?

That's a very funky faux finish on the walls. My wife and I did a two-colour finish on our livingroom wall, and I know how hard that was.

And is the ceiling the square metal panels? They look awesome.

Truly incredible. Love to see all the pictures I can of that one.

Tom.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

All of the work up to the cabinetry and finished trim I did myself (my wife helped!). The trim is all oak. Columns are 3/4" plywood sides with a "wainscot door panel" on the face which match my cabinets. The left side columns hide steel support poles. A local home theater installer did all of the trim and cabinets, and, of course, all of the components. He was there for me if I needed anything along the way.

The funky paint job was done by a local artist. She can do all types of painting, especially murals. I gave her a picture of a local structure fire with a lot of flames, and this is her artistic impression. She used five colors and only a 3" brush.

Ceiling is Armstrong tile. (Look above at post #6)

David

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
I'm thinking of the Rod Stewart song "Some guys have all the luck!"

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Nicely done. The faux finishing really stands out. Also like how you integrated the hush box. How far is your first row from the screen? Also interested in your comments on the FireHawk. I really need to update my pictures again.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Jay,

My first row is 11'6" from screen to eyes of seated viewer. As for the Firehawk screen, really no comments, looks super to me and I have nothing to compare it with.

David

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
David:

I added the link to your gallery listing in your profile. It shows up as a link house in your toolbar with a red door.

You can tell that a lot of time and effort went into making it turn out so well.

Parker

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Other than the image being larger than field of view, making your eyes scan the picture, I find image is excellent. I sat at 9'6" when I 'auditioned' this set-up and it blew me away. I actually have my middle row calibrated as the sweet-spot, which is 16' away from the screen. My four kids like sitting in the front row.

David

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Great looking theater area David. Central PA? May I ask where? Don't see too many home theater owners on here from central PA.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
JayPo,

About 70 miles due East. I get up to State College 6 or 7 times a year, in the Fall, on Saturdays......

David

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Excellent job, very classy too. A lot of things you did would be things I want to also include in my future dedicated HT. How long did all this work take? and final question, did you give up a room to have this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks