What's new

Sony DCR-HC40E to Windows XP (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
OK, here's the thing - quite happy with new Camera (apart from duff software which I only read about after I bought it)

Only had it 2 days so still learning, but.... I can load video onto computer via USB (although Sony software insists on editing it and adding music before you can save it ?) So I tried Windows Movie Maker - looked really promising with a load to DV camera button - and I can upload to PC with that too (without any unwanted additions) but when I made up titles for the end, I couldn't load them back to the camera. The message said the camera wasn't connected and I needed a IEEE 1394 cable (although the USB was still connected)? What kind of cable is that?

Any thoughts / tips etc., appreciated, including better software (but only if I can't do it with what I've got)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
This is getting worse.... anyone have a Sony DCR-HC40E or similar?

I've now bought & fitted a Belkin firewire card, and the correct i-link cable. Now when I click on 'send to DV' in Windows Movie Maker it looks like everything is working OK, it switches on the Camcorder but although the progress bar on the PC moves along nicely, when it gets to the end the camcorder keeps going and when I stop it (or even once let it go right to the end of the tape!!) there is nothing there when I play it back?

It's a simple test film followed by some titles with added music.

What can I be doing wrong.... help :angry: :frowning: :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread