What's new

More info? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've read about PDRs, but have yet to see them in too many stores here. Is it possible to use one as a standalone piece of hardware, or does it also involve a special service.
Currently, I'm in Waterloo, Ontario Canada, with Rogers Digital cable, and I'd like the opportunity to be able to record things digitally. Any idea where I can find out what I need to get?
Last question-what about transferring from the PDRs hard drive to a computer-can this be done? This way I can archive recorded programming on CDR...

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Chris,
1) The Tivo unit can be used to record manually without the service, but the service is really the major benefit of owning these devices. Unfortunately, I don't know if the service is available to our friends in The Great White North.
2)With the exception of the units that are combined with a satellite receiver, the all record analog signals.
3)Getting the files directly from your unit involves an elaborate software hack. It is not easy (from what I have read) but it is possible.
Here are some resources for you:
Link Removed
http://www.avsforum.com/ubbcgitivo/U...i?action=intro
Good luck, and I hope I have helped.
------------------
"Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

350+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

Mike Lang

Stunt Coordinator
All TiVo's sold after October 2000 state that the service is required. If you won't/can't use the service, I would not recommend buying one...they are reduced to an almost unusable state without it. UltimateTV only works on Directv and ReplayTV forces you to pay for the service even if you can't use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks