-

Photo
- - - - -

ThunderCats Is Coming!!!!!! WOOHOO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 of 56 OFFLINE   Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 04:13 AM

I read this on dvdtoons com this morning. Apparently it was on the trailer for Batman: Volume 3. Can I just say YES!!! Thank You WB, Now Sony where is Real Ghostbusters?

B prepares the first season of ThunderCATS.

With the announcement of Batman: The Animated Series V.3 and Superfriends: Season 2, WB has included the following:

Trailered On: Batman: The Animated Series Vol. 3; Thundercats: Season One, Volume One (3-Pack)

What that means is that a trailer for Batman V3 and Superfriends S2 will be included in the release Thundercats DVD release. Besides that, there are no further details, but at least you know that a DVD is coming. Stay tOOned for further details...

#2 of 56 OFFLINE   Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 04:41 AM

God bless DVDToons...

Great news that Batman and Superfriends are coming out so soon too, but it seems like they skipped over the Superfriends with Wendy & Marvin.

Paul

#3 of 56 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 04:59 AM

Quote:
Great news that Batman and Superfriends are coming out so soon too, but it seems like they skipped over the Superfriends with Wendy & Marvin.

Gord is getting these news items up right now; I saw them at Warner's press site this morning but didn't have time to do anything with it. Since everyone's e-mailing us that the other site's got the news up, I asked Gord to take care of it...I'm at my full time job right now.

As for skipping Wendy & Marvin, I think I called that play almost a year ago! Posted Image

If I was to take a WAG (wild-assed guess) at it, though, I'd say that they are probably concentrating on the more popular (1978) CotSF series for now, and then will later go back to do the 1973 Superfriends series (original version with Wendy/Marv/Wonderdog) later. As you say, there aren't very many episodes with them, and they could knock them out fast...1 release will do it.

However, they may do the Zan/Jayna/Gleek episodes first, which are a bit more popular...

EDIT: fixed link! I just used a modified version of the history there, verified as much as possible on short notice with info from TVTome, to create a brief "Show History" in Gord's news for Superfriends today.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 56 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 07:30 AM

Great news! Now all we need is He-Man and Voltron (which is on the way already).

According to epguides.com, there is a 2 episode pilot and the first season is 63 episodes, so if their going with 3 disc sets, I guess that means they will probably split up the first season into three parts with 20+ episodes on each.

#5 of 56 OFFLINE   LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 09:57 AM

I am so there when that show is released! LOVED Thundercats! I would be beyond happy of I got He-man as well.

#6 of 56 OFFLINE   Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 01:39 PM

Wonderful news, especially since WB said in a chat last year that they had no plans for this show. Glad they changed their minds. Now all my 1980s TV DVD dreams are coming true.

Hey, David, was this the prominent 1980s cartoon that you cryptically hinted was coming soon in your post about He-Man a couple of months back?

#7 of 56 OFFLINE   Paul Pro

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 01:59 PM

YES!! Great News! I've been wating for a LONG time for this.

Thundecats is one my personal "big three" DVD wants of all-time!(cartoon wise)

1. REAL GHOSTBUSTERS
2. THUNDERCATS
3. THE TRANSFORMERS

2 down and one to go!!

#8 of 56 OFFLINE   Romier S

Romier S

Producer

• 3,533 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 02:35 PM

Nice! Now if only someone would release Duck Tales!

#9 of 56 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 02:40 PM

Amy: no. Those people appear to have punked out on me. I'm still not talked yet, though, just in case. Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#10 of 56 OFFLINE   MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 02:40 PM

HOOOOOO!!!!

Oh yes, I'm excited about this! After Voltron, Robotech and Transformers, this was IT when I was growing up as a kid!

Now, please... Voltron, want Voltron...
So much TV... So little money! Please visit my blog at: http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/

#11 of 56 OFFLINE   Justin Hargis

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 09:03 PM

The last time I watched this I was around 7 years old. And I loved it. Hopefully I'll still like it now that I'm 24.

This will be a nice release, and I'm definitely getting it the day it's released.

WB's getting on the ball, now Disney needs to wake up and start releasing their cartoons. Cartoons like Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, etc. Those are my absolute favorites. Posted Image

#12 of 56 OFFLINE   Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted February 24 2005 - 02:16 AM

Glad Thundercats is making it. Really enjoyed watching that show and LOVED the background's in them.

#13 of 56 OFFLINE   Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted February 24 2005 - 02:55 AM

I'd be interested in a Snarf-free edition. Posted Image
-Jay

#14 of 56 OFFLINE   RISUG

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts

Posted February 24 2005 - 11:49 AM

Orgasmic news to be sure.

Release The Real Ghost Busters, The Bionic Six, and The Gummi Bears and I'll be able to go to my grave in peace.

Oh yea, and get the G.I.Joe situation straightened out so I can purchase the series.

#15 of 56 OFFLINE   Paul Pro

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted February 25 2005 - 04:39 PM

Crossing my fingers that each disc will have 8 episodes so we'll get "The Anointment Trials" five parter in this collection. (These episodes were #19-23) If need be they can always make the last disc a flipper (like the FLINTSTONES sets)to provide space for extras.

But I betch ya we'll only get the first 18 (6 episodes per disc). At that rate it would take FOUR collections to finish the first season.

Not that I'm complaining I will get it regardless, it's just that it would make perfect sense to end the first collection with the Trials --especially since it's sort of a "end of an era" type story in terms of Lion-O's develepment.

Ideally, this is how they should split the first season:

S1 V1 episodes 1-23
S1 V2 episodes 24-44
S1 V3 episodes 45-65

and for the rest of the series:

The Complete Second season episodes 66-90 (25 shows)
The Complete Third season episodes 91-110 (20 shows)
The Complete Fourth season episodes 111-130 (20 shows)

This way you get all four seasons with only 6 collections. 65 episodes from season one + 65 episodes from seasons 2-4 = 130 episodes.

It will also be interesting to see if we'll see the pilot episode "Exodus" in it's original form.

#16 of 56 OFFLINE   Ignacio H

Ignacio H

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 03 2005 - 06:31 AM

Apparently TV shows on DVD has stated that they were wrong
when they said May/June for the release of ThunderCats.
I think we may have to wait till the end of the year for this release."Personally i CANT wait"!!!

#17 of 56 OFFLINE   Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted April 03 2005 - 08:16 AM

I don't see that news anywhere on the site.

Paul

#18 of 56 OFFLINE   Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted April 03 2005 - 08:33 AM

Oh okay, he went back on 3/31 to the original news and added the note.

David, if you are reading this, you really should post this as new news because I don't know how many people go back and check the original annoucements for news. If Ignacio had never posted this, I wouldn't have known about it.

Paul

#19 of 56 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 03 2005 - 11:53 AM

I didn't make that change. Gord must have. I wasn't even aware of any of this until I read it here. Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#20 of 56 OFFLINE   Ignacio H

Ignacio H

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 03 2005 - 01:36 PM

This post is to David Lambert:Yes,i believe that it was indeed Mr.Lacey to whom i first brought attention to this to.He then added the update to the already existing article for ThunderCats.Sorry for any mix-ups.
Here's hoping for ThunderCats to be released in `05!!!
THUNDERCATS HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!