Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer 563a Owners Help me out please

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeremy_R

Jeremy_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted February 21 2005 - 02:34 PM

I just bought a new 563a for its music playing abilities (SACD & DVD-A). My setup is a 2.1 no center and no surrounds and I'm running bookshelf fronts.

When I hook up the player with the 6 channel outs and tell the player that I don't have a center or surrounds there is no LFE output to the sub. I have even boosted the sub output by 10 db and there is still no sub output. If I tell the 563a that I have a small center the LFE is there but them I'm missing most of the music since I don't actually have a center channel speaker.

How should I be hooking this up to listen to hi res music on my 2.1 system?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   SteveBro

SteveBro

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted February 21 2005 - 10:41 PM

You shouldn't be hooking the player up to your receiver with 6-channel outs, since you don't have a center channel or surrounds. To listen to SACD and DVD-A, you should just have it connected to your receiver using stereo analog RCA cables. In the player setup, make sure that you haven't selected the 5.1 speaker setup. Hopefully this will fix the problem.
Out of step

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeremy_R

Jeremy_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted February 22 2005 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I set it to 2 channel out and told it to load 2 ch SACD.

SACDs sound great. I have a few DVD-As and as long as they have a 2.0 track it sounds fine. If they only have a 5.1 track is chops the center and surrounds and sounds really goofy.

For some reason I can't get Diana Krall's The Girl in the Other Room DVD-A to put out any sound Posted Image

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Justin_P

Justin_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 10:10 AM

That's probably a result of the copy protection firmware on your 563a being older that the copy protection they used when they authored the disc. I ran into that exact problem with my Frank Zappa DVD-A.

There are several threads about this problem elsewhere on the forum that should be able to tell you how to get it fixed (it sounded like a major hassle to me, so I never bothered since I only have one affected disc).

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,640 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted February 23 2005 - 10:17 AM

The firmware upgrade is relatively painless. Locate an authorized service center and they should just do it for no charge. My player was in the shop for a week.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeremy_R

Jeremy_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted February 23 2005 - 10:26 AM

Do you know what the new firmware version is? I'll check my player and see if it even needs the firmware upgrade.