-

Photo

Question About Sound Quality and Receiver Audio Level

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 James Edward

James Edward

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted February 20 2005 - 02:31 PM

I just brought home my Sportster Sirius receiver, and was wondering whether or not the output level I set could affect the sound quality.

The generally accepted rule in the 'speakers/subs' portion of the HTF seems to be to keep the sub output level in the A/V receiver on the negative side, so as to keep the signal going to the sub amp nice and clean. The consensus seems to be that most sub amps are better equipped to boost the signal, rather than the amp supplying the output from the receiver.

So... Would the same be true of the audio output from the Sirius receiver? In other words, has anyone noticed a difference in sound quality(other than the obvious volume difference) between keeping the audio output low, rather than high? I'm referring to the low-level signal being sent to my preamp, which can be adjusted in the menu.

I seem to think it sounds better set at a low level, but I don't know if it is just my imagination...

BTW, neither way sounds particularly good, so I'm just trying to maximize what I've got.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.