What's new

Bad movies good for a laugh (1 Viewer)

Shad R

Supporting Actor
My friends and I are on a bad movie kick. We find/buy/rent the worst looking movies we can, gather a few more friends, watch them, and laugh...a lot. So far, the we've watched:
Women Prison Massacre: This is an import film from maybe late 80's early 90's. It starts out during a play, with THE WORST dailogue I've ever heard! There is a food fight(during the play, all of a sudden, everyone has tomatos and lettuce!!!!). Then these male prisnors are transported the the female prison. Your guess is as good as mine as to why. Then there's the guy who gets shot, lays for a few seconds, and then rolls for no reason. There's also a hillarious car chase, where two cop cars and a van are just weaving with each other. Oh yea, and then there's the chase scene with two wounded men, who litterally wobble for about three minutes, while the chase music plays. The best part...this film takes itself way too seriously. It's great.

Rock'n'Roll Nigthmare: Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. Takes place in a haunted house, and a band moves in to record a record. The demons are puppets...hand puppets...really cheesy hand puppets. Lucifer is a six foot tall rubber puppet that Thor (the main charector) fights to the end. There's nothing as funny as lead singer with long hair, a black speedo with metal spikes on it, fightin away Satans evil starfish. Wow. Again, WOW!

Other so bad it's great movies include:
Re-animator
Pledge Night
Wheels of Terror
Slumber Party Massacre

Hopefully we will get to Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Les Patterson, Killer Klownz from Outer Space....and I'm hopeing like hell to find a copy of Plan 9 from Outter Space.
If you've seen some bad movies, let me know! This is so much fun, and if you have a few hours to kill, and some friends willing, watch them, laugh at them, make fun of them, enjoy!

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
maniac is a pretty bad slasher type movie, easy to make fun of. house and house II are also kind of corny, but not really BAD in the normal sense of the word, just corny.

CJ

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I always thought MANIAC was the greatest of the 80's slashers.

Other "so bad they're good" films:

REEFER MADNESS
SEX MADNESS
COCAINE FIENDS
MANIAC (1934 version)
BILLY THE KID VS DRACULA
PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE
GLEN OR GLENDA?
THE UNEARTHLY
JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER
EXORCISM (Jess Franco version)
BIGFOOT (1970 version)
REDNECK ZOMBIES
BLOODSUCKING FREAKS
I DRINK YOUR BLOOD
I EAT YOUR SKIN
SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE 2
FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER
FRANKENSTEIN'S CASTLE OF FREAKS
THE COSMIC MAN
CAT WOMEN OF THE MOON
ROBOT MONSTER
MEMORIAL DAY MASSACRE
THE NAILGUN MASSACRE
HOSPITAL MASSACRE
FREEWAY MANIAC

Plus hundreds of other horror/sci-fi titles from the 1950's.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Re-Animator doesnt belong there:) Its one of my favoites.

"SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE 2"

I remember a few years ago a couple friends and I watched this on cable and laughed so hard our sides hurt.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
So freaking easy!

The funniest damn thing to come out of Hollywood in recent memory is, of course...Battlefield Earth. :laugh:

My friend and I couldn't believe our eyes at the absurdity of what we were seeing! If it was ever possible to ACTUALLY die laughing, we came as close as you could get! :laugh:

Then of course you have to count every single movie ever endured by our friends Mike Nelson, Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
8 posts in and no one's mentioned 1989's "Road House"?

That is the best bad movie of the 80s. Explosions, bar fights, fist fights, a cameo by Bigfoot the Monster Truck, nudity galore, a kick-ass blues guitar soundtrack, funny lines, implausible situations, a cast of people whose names you don't know but whose faces you recognize...The pleasures of this movie are endless.

If you go in expecting a bad movie, you're in for a treat!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I used to fuck guys like you in prison!

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I know of some seriously terrible movies - the worst I have ever seen, but I wouldn't call them "funny." They are so bad, they are just bad, not good at all. I wouldn't wish these following movies on my worst enemies (watch at your own risk):

L.A. D.J.
Shadows Of The Dead
Gigli
Wicker Park
Frankenstien & The Werewolf Reborn
The Brotherhood III (only part 3 is truly terrible)
Kingdom Hospital (Stephen King mini-series)
The Grudge (remake - wait, the original is just as bad)

Oh, and another vote for Battlefield Earth as one of the worst movies of all time.

Let me know if you need any more, although I must say that if you do decide to watch any of these movies, you'd probably die (a real death) from the torture that these movies would put you through.

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
My friends and I had found Bulletproof Monk to be hilarious. It probably isn't worth renting, but if you find it laying in the street somewhere, watch it.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
If you can find it, legit or not, don't miss

KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM OF THE PARK

Gene Simmons wants to keep that one buried...

Brett_B

Supporting Actor

I saw this film when it first came out because one of the so-called taglines said, ...makes Scarface look like a Sunday School picnic... (WHAT A CROCK!). I did like the one scene with the razor blade though.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

It's an absolute must see for the merry go round scene. Ace Freely hops on a horse right before saying his lines, and clearly cans himself. The line comes out more of a groan.

Awesome stuff, that KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM OF THE PARK!

I second Road House, and would add most of the Chuck Norris 80's ovre into this as well.

Brad E

Second Unit
Alien Resurrection. Just watched it for the first time. Lots of very 'funny' parts, to put it nicely.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Guy's, a movie just came to me that I had either forgotten or repressed, I can't figure out which, but it's bad, so bad it's good...

Troll 2

If you haven't had the displeasure, please do, and be prepared to either laugh your ass off, or begin to weep involuntarily.

This film has got to be in the top ten worst movies of all time! Dare I say, it even manages to make Battlefield Earth look like The Empire Strikes Back by comparison! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks