What's new

The Simpsons 2/20 "There's Something About Marrying" (1 Viewer)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I'm sure you've all heard about tonight's episode featuring a recurring Simpsons' character coming out. I just saw a spoiler and while it didn't suprise me (in fact its pretty obvious) I think you guys should find out yourselves by watching tonight.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
A link saying "I found out here" would be more polite than saying, "I know something you don't know".

That being said, if you want to know before watching (or without watching) go here.

Phil_L

Second Unit
Best episode is a long time. Loved the cigarette in Homer's eye!!

But where the heck was Smithers????? You'd think he would be in this, of all episodes!

StephenA

Screenwriter
I think they should have done it with someone other than with who they did. Wasn't really that surprising or shocking.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I loved Homer's line: "I'd be more likely to run off with a Sausage patty than your sister Patty!"

All in all a great episode.

I was pretty annoyed at the disclaimer at the beginning...:angry:

"And do you Julio take Chaz to be your life parter in Massachucetts and Vermont, maybe Canada, stay out of Texas, as long as you both are gay?" -Homer.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
No so much ha ha funny, but definitely harkening back to the more satirical days.

I also hated that disclaimer. But I guess that may be a discussion for another thread.

I'm just glad they didn't really hit the reset button. My only problem is back in the day, they established that Selma could never stay together with someone due to the bond with Patty. They never seem to bring that up again. But... now Selma has been married to Disco Stu (and Disco Stu is Catholic)?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I loved Bart's line about "that is the end of Homer's marriage service" and Lisa's response... "Why?" is just classic. I love those nods to the shows' "Reset Button."

I got home a couple minutes late, what was the "disclaimer?"

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I missed the disclaimer too...

I thought it was decent, not as funny as a few other ones this season

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

I saw it on the news on TV. Perhaps I should have worded it a bit better. Sorry for the confusion.

It was a pretty funny episode, did anyone catch the urls for the websites featured in the episode?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I missed the disclaimer too.

The episode was okay. It was funny when Homer's map of Springfield was shown, and I was thinking whether I should pause it with Tivo or not to read everything.

~T

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Meh. It had its moments, but its treatment of the issue (even though I support it) was way too pedantic.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
My DVR didn't kick in until they came back from commercial, so Fox must have started the broadcast before 7pm. I too, missed the disclaimer. I can't imagine why they ran a disclaimer since ABC had more same sex action on Desperate Housewives tonight than this whole episode and ABC did it without one.

So much for the whole lead-up to this episode, with the 'it won't be someone we would suspect' angle. I thought the ep was pretty stupid up until the point that Homer started marrying people + whatever the hell they wanted. As a gay man and someone who cherishes the institution of marriage, I was somewhat offended by the fact that the TPOB continued the whole 'marriage is a joke, so why get upset' satire ad nauseum. :frowning:

I imagine Jim Brooks has to get pretty liquored up before he even looks at The Simpsons nowadays... I knew going in to the episode tonight that the show isn't as good as it was but I now resolve to never watch another episode, media & promos be damned. :thumbsdown:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The disclaimer said something like:

"This episode contains discussion of same-sex marriage. Parental discretion is advised."

That's Rupert Murdoch for you...

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

I wish it had said "This episode contains discussion of same-sex marriage. If that sort of thing bothers you then change the fucking channel. AND DON'T SEND US LETTERS." :D

My biggest dilemma with the episode is that I don't know what now completes the name Selma Bouvier Terwilliger Hutz McClure _______. Disco Stu does not advertise, nor does he reveal his last name. I suppose that since it was annulled she can't legally carry his name.

Brad

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My favorite bit was the "veil" Homer made out of a paper bag that said "Do Not Feed" on the forehead.

Anyone have a capture of that?

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Patty: I'm, I'm gay. You're not disappointed, are you?
Marge: Oh no, no no, no I'm just um, surprised!
Homer: Yeah, big surprise. Hey Marge, Here's another bomb. I like beer! AHAHAHAHAHA!
:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks