Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Extending wire

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 MikeGee

MikeGee

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted February 19 2005 - 02:47 AM

I have a subwoofer in my trunk and i need about.. maybe 8" of extra wire to connect it perfectly.. is there a way i can extend the wire by just adding the extra 8" i need without having to rewire it?
The problem is its pretty heavy gauge wire so its not really easy to twist.

#2 of 5 Jason Fulton

Jason Fulton

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted February 21 2005 - 10:40 AM

Twist it with pliers the best you can, then solder it and it won't go anywhere.

#3 of 5 Denton

Denton

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted February 22 2005 - 03:58 PM

I assume you are talking about the power lead. (?)

If that is the case, I have seen adapters sold to do exactly what you want. Just make sure you insulate the "splice" carefully.
"Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye." Bill Hicks

#4 of 5 Tyler Merrick

Tyler Merrick

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 04:27 AM

I used a power distribution center, you can find some examples on the crutchfield site. Once you are there goto car audio section under installation and accessories and then the amplifier section. There you will find a link to power distribution hardware they range from $25 - $80. There should be one there to fit your needs
Tyler Merrick
www.tylermerrick.com

#5 of 5 danielPtolbert

danielPtolbert

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted March 14 2005 - 01:05 PM

Solder?? if that won't work use a distro block, but if you get it off of crutch field, it would prob be cheaper to re-wire IMHO