-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Spider-man & His Amazing Friends

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 of 57 Jon F.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted February 18 2005 - 01:18 AM

Hi everyone,
At SPIDER-FRIENDS.COM, I've posted a DVD "want list" that I hope Buena Vista will pay attention to. Included in that is a proposal for a comic that would explain how the Spider Friends decide to go their separate ways. Check out the site and let me know what you think. I'd love to hear your feedback on all of it.

Thanks!

CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD "WANT LIST"

#2 of 57 Scott Ruhl

Scott Ruhl

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted February 18 2005 - 02:26 AM

Word, I agree with everything you say on the site, and have always been a fan of your site btw. I hope IF and WHEN this gets released on dvd it gets the treatment it desearves.

~KGF

#3 of 57 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted February 18 2005 - 02:37 AM

This was one of my favorite Superhero shows growing up and I hope it eventually sees a DVD release.

Has there been any word on Buena Vista releasing any animated TV shows at all since Gargoyles came out?

Paul

#4 of 57 Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted February 18 2005 - 04:10 AM

This should be the next Marvel boxset. Hey, could you add the live action bit for the Yummy Awards to the requested special features? I think that is what it was called. I wouldn't mind an interview with the creators about why Iceman and Firestar. I love them there, I just want to know the motivations and how they designed Firestar. Also Pryde of the X-Men would be a good bonus as the X-Men there are spunned off of it. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to expand this further and make a Marvel Super-Friends with this Spider-man, the Storm and Wolverine from the X-Men presented here, Captain America and the Hulk. Do you know if that is true? I think it was in an old Comics Scene. If anything was done from that, even design sketches plus design sketches for this series would be good features too.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#5 of 57 Scott Ruhl

Scott Ruhl

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted February 18 2005 - 06:48 AM

Yeah I like the idea about including "Pryde of the X-men" since it was only one episode and fits seamless into the cartoon world created for "Amazing Friends." How many episodes of The Hulk were created? Maybe a boxset with all that and the Stand alone 80's Spidey. It's funny because you always hear about people referring to the 60's cartoon as being their favorite or the 90's version, but all my love goes to the 80's incarnation as seeming the most definitive to me. The style was more fun and light-hearted and had a more comic-booky vibe t'me. I hope we hear word of a release eventually and this doesn't get swept under the rug like the Adam West Batman series for being too goofy. The episode 'Seven Little Super-heroes' is everything I loved about Saturday mornings.

~Peace
Kang G. Fren

#6 of 57 Dewitte

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator

• 173 posts

Posted February 18 2005 - 02:01 PM

I met Kathy Garver (the voice of Firestar) last weekend and she had no news of DVDs Posted Image

De
Retroactive Continuity - Yet another source of nuttiness on the Web!

#7 of 57 Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts

Posted February 18 2005 - 02:36 PM

This has been one collection which I have been waiting for. It's seems like forever. I don't see what the big hold-up is. They released the '67 collection, I would think that it sold well enough to justify this release. That added to the fact that so many have signed the petition, including myself.
What exactly are the decision makers at Disney on??Posted Image
Dan T.

#8 of 57 Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted February 18 2005 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
What exactly are the decision makers at Disney on??

Marvel's hitlist.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#9 of 57 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted February 18 2005 - 07:11 PM

I'd buy this show in season sets in a heartbeat. It was my favorite cartoon growing up in the 80s, with SuperFriends a close second.

7 Little Superheroes was my favorite ep, followed closely by Save the Guardstar.

Jon F. that website rocks! I love how the design is thought-out and well integrated with the subject. Kudos! Posted Image
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#10 of 57 BrandonJF

BrandonJF

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted February 19 2005 - 01:05 AM

That website was very cool.

I find that this show is one of the few 80s relics that holds up well for me. I've been recording them off of Toon Disney and I'm still finding them to be very good.

I just wish they'd air "The Transylvanian Connection" again. I'm getting my first "repeat" this weekend since I started recording them.

#11 of 57 Jon F.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted February 20 2005 - 04:19 AM

Originally posted by Paul Miller
Has there been any word on Buena Vista releasing any animated TV shows at all since Gargoyles came out?

It was announced at TVSHOWSONDVD.COM that a Fantastic Four set is going to be released around the time of the movie. It is believed that it will be the 90s FF series.

Originally posted by Tory
I remember reading somewhere that they were going to expand this further and make a Marvel Super-Friends with this Spider-man, the Storm and Wolverine from the X-Men presented here, Captain America and the Hulk. Do you know if that is true?
Marvel was trying really hard to get a Secret Wars cartoon on TV in the 80s. That may have been one of their attempts. I'd love to see that issue of Comics Scene if you could find it.

To everybody:
Thanks for the kind words about the website!

#12 of 57 Ruslan

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted February 20 2005 - 06:33 AM

Wow, superb article and site, Jon!

I would love these on DVD, one of my fave cartoons of the 80s alond with Dungeons & Dragons (all episodes available in the UK!) and Battle of the Planets. It would be great to watch them all over again, and in order.

And is it just me or was Firestar kinda sexy?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

#13 of 57 RISUG

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts

Posted February 20 2005 - 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruslan

And is it just me or was Firestar kinda sexy?

Very.

Add Rock 1 from The Bionic Six and Cheetara from Thunder Cats to make for one very 'happy' childhood.

#14 of 57 Jon F.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted April 24 2008 - 07:09 AM

A UK company now has the rights to SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS as well as other Marvel cartoons. Here's the press release:

Quote:
LIBERATION ENTERTAINMENT INKS DEAL WITH JETIX CONSUMER
PRODUCTS TO DISTRIBUTE CLASSIC MARVEL ANIMATION CATALOGUE ON DVD

Deal covers DVD distribution for classic animated series across multiple European territories

Liberation Entertainment Ltd has agreed a multi territory DVD deal with Jetix Consumer Products, the licensing division of leading kids entertainment company Jetix Europe, for classic Marvel Entertainment animated series. The deal gives Liberation Entertainment exclusive DVD distribution rights for popular Marvel character based animated series including Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, X-Men, The Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Spider Woman. Territories covered by the deal are the UK and Ireland, Benelux, Germany as well as German-speaking Austria and Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland.

Jay Boberg, Liberation Chairman commented: "This deal expands our relationship with Jetix and continues to build Liberation’s ongoing partnership with Marvel. Liberation has already acquired DVD distribution and television sales rights outside the US to Marvel’s new animated Wolverine and the X-Men TV series, and as a result of this deal we will be able to bring the “crown jewels” in Marvel’s animated TV series - including Spider-Man and The Hulk to new audiences, as well as long-time fans. Aggregating these new and classic Super Hero animations will give us leverage in the marketplace to maximize sales.”

Spencer Pollard, Managing Director of Liberation Entertainment commented, “This catalogue represents a huge opportunity for Liberation and I am delighted that we have secured the distribution rights from Jetix Consumer Products. The catalogue has enormous potential – many people grew up with the original Spider-Man series as well as the rest of the catalogue and we believe it is hugely collectable, which will interest both children and adults alike”

Tina Lorenzo, Director of International Home Entertainment at Jetix Consumer Products, said: “We’re delighted to have struck the deal with Liberation for the Marvel catalogue. Many of the series covered in the deal feature some of Jetix viewers’ most popular characters and we’re certain that with Liberation distributing them, they will prove incredibly popular with fans across the countries included in the deal.”

Liberation will announce the full release schedule for the catalogue in the near future.

#15 of 57 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted September 02 2008 - 01:05 AM

Hopefully the dvd will still come out on September 29, without any more delays !
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#16 of 57 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted September 26 2008 - 07:15 AM

I just got an e mail from a certain uk online retailer, that my copy of spiderman and his amazing friends season 1 dvd, will ship out tomorrow to me !!!!!!!!I will give impressions on picture quality, when I receive it around October 3-6 .Thats when they estimate ill receive it.

#17 of 57 David Levine

David Levine

Supporting Actor

• 502 posts

Posted September 26 2008 - 05:20 PM

They're putting out the complete series in October as well:

October Releases:

Spider-man & His Amazing Friends Complete Series 10/27

November Releases:

Incredible Hulk (80’s) Complete Series 11/03
Incredible Hulk (90’s) Complete Series 11/17
X-Men Season 1 & 2 11/17

#18 of 57 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted September 27 2008 - 01:12 AM

Yes, they are putting out the complete series in 1 month, but was anxious to have season 1 now.Looking forward to the 8os hulk in November as well !!!

#19 of 57 Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts

Posted September 27 2008 - 04:49 AM

It's too bad that Marvel has essentially harassed Disney to the point where they won't release this stuff. Disney owns it but every time they release it they get dragged to court by Marvel.

This is also why those "Tick" episodes are missing from their releases. They have Marvel parodies in them.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#20 of 57 Jon F.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted September 29 2008 - 04:03 PM

I got my copy in the mail today. My review is up at SPIDER-FRIENDS.COM - The Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends Webpage.

Forum Nav Content I Follow