Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speakers for new HK

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   James Sarno

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted February 16 2005 - 02:22 PM

I just upgraded to a new HK avr335 and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a set of speakers for it. I am currently running a 5.1 set of Infinity Entra's on a HK avr110...The 335 supports 7.1 but unfortunately due to room configuration I will only still be using a 5.1 set up...
I was thinking about a set of Paradigms Studio's/Infinity Alpha or Beta's or Axiom...any input would be greatly appreciated

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   JohnBC

JohnBC

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted February 17 2005 - 12:49 AM

I lot of people have said that ascend acoustics pair up well with HK. Unfortunately, I do not own either one so I can't comment from experience.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   MikeNg

MikeNg

Second Unit

• 440 posts

Posted February 17 2005 - 06:13 AM

I previously drove a set of Klipsch with my 7200, and AVR80 mkII before that. Worked great.

The efficiency of the Klipsch allowed me to get every ounce of volume out of the AVR.

- Mike

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   James Sarno

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted March 03 2005 - 02:25 PM

Im starting to look at some Klipsch models...I've been looking at the Axiom Epic 50/60 set up's...wondering how they would sound with the HK...The 335 is breathing new life into my Entra's so I could only imagine what some Paradigm's,Klipsch or some JBL Northridge would sound like, hell...why not some BOSE (JUST KIDDING!:b )
I guess only my ears will tell me..........