Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Media Help with Denon DVD-2200 [NOT a burning thread!!]

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Chuck Schmidt

Chuck Schmidt

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted February 16 2005 - 05:15 AM

I have a Denon DVD-2200 DVD player, and while I love the quality of it, it can be a bit "picky" as to the types of DVD media that play on it. For example, I went skydiving and had a DVD made of the jump, and it didn't play well on the Denon, but played fine on my Samsung downstairs. I have some other personal stuff I want transferred to DVD format...and need some direction into good, RELIABLE, DVD Media that will play just fine on my DVD-2200 player. Does anyone have any insight into what sort of media will play well on this? I have heard TDK +r and FUJI -R seem to be some of the more reliable overall, and have also heard RIATEK is something to avoid...but I'm just as interesting in anyone who owns and has experience with Denon players...which don't seem to "play anything you throw at it" Thanks!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Kevin T

Kevin T

Screenwriter

• 1,407 posts

Posted February 16 2005 - 07:36 AM

try taiyo yuden. they work fine in my denon 5900. i've use ritek in the past, but qc seems to have gone down and i switched to the ty discs. also, do not use sticker labels as they will cause an imbalance on the disc and cause skipping. i learned this the hard way. kevin t
religion is the opiate of the masses

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Chuck Schmidt

Chuck Schmidt

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted February 16 2005 - 09:48 AM

Thanks I will give those a try. Should I get the +R or the -R ? For that matter...what really is the difference between the two?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Kevin T

Kevin T

Screenwriter

• 1,407 posts

Posted February 16 2005 - 10:40 AM

-r is more generally compatible, but +r should work fine with your denon. much like vhs and beta, when dvd burners were introduced, there were several flavors of media available. -r seems to be the most popular. kevin t
religion is the opiate of the masses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users