What's new

Review of Dell 24 inch 16:10 LCD (2 Viewers)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I look forward to seeing what GotApex can get this puppy for. Then I will talk Ron into getting yet another LCD monitor. He is going to LOVE this. :)

Parker

Darryl

Stunt Coordinator
This is great! I have a Samsung 240T at work and have been drooling to have something similar at home. But $2k or more is just too much for me. At $1200 plus the right coupon I just might go for it.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
As Usual I'm a Day late and a Dollar Short I ordered the Dell 20" Version the 2005FPW the day before this was announced, it came today, it's a hell of a monitor thou for what I paid (560 shipped)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I am going to want to see some user reports but, yeah, I am pretty excited about this monitor myself.

I will be checking the deals page everyday for those Dell coupons!

-Keith

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Gabe:

Those deals that you get with Dell are killers. I ordered the Axim X50v with the extra battery for around $400 shipped. When it goes for normally $499 and the extra battery is another $60 and then you have to pay for shipping and handling that was a deal I couldn't pass up.

If Dell gets this new 24 inch LCD down to the $800 range they won't be able to keep them in stock.

Parker

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Packer How do you like the Axim? I considered it to replace my 2215. I could've got it last week for $359 SHIPPED !

I just got the 20" 2005FPW ordered it before they announced the 24". It's a pretty gorgeous monitor and thankfully has no defects. Given that Dell Monitors initially have QC problems it's good to wait for the second batch. Maybe I'll replace the 20" next xmas, deals will be good and by then the kinks worked out.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Once this new 24" monitor comes down
to the $800 range I am on it!

I own 2 Dell LCD monitors (2000FP and 2001FP)
and they are superb! In fact, all the magazine
reviews have consistently put them att he very
top of their rating list.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Ron I just bought the 20" version of the monitor and it's stellar. The 24" adds Component Inputs to the mix. It's good to wait a bit, not only for price drops, but for them to shake out the bugs. The early version of my monitor supposedly had bad light leakage problems. The A01 revision I received Manufactured Feb 2005 had no defects. I expect with coupons we'll be seeing some killer deals on this. I love my 20" 2005FPW. I can see myself upgrading.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, Dave you can't go wrong with these
large Dell flat panels. They rate well at
or above competing brands.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dave:

Actually I ordered it for my wife and I won't get it until next week. I have read nothing but good things about the X50v as it has a VGA screen, Bluetooth and WiFi.

The pictures that I have seen of it makes it look larger than it really is as it is about the size of the new HP units. I also like the fact that it comes with the docking station and RAM that retains your information even when your batteries run down. My wife is notorious about letting her PDA run down and then losing all the data she had stored in it. I also got the extra battery so one was always charging and she wouldn't have an excuse about the battery going dead.

As far as its performance I will let you know when I put it through its paces.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ted:

Most of the reviews that I read are posted by someone else about a particular monitor and the sites vary.

Parker

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Considering the 2001fp/2005fpw were $506.75 today, I don't think it'll be too-too long before the $1199 24" drops down to $800 or so after discounts. :)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Ted, I'm not sure if they've reviewed this particular model,but Tom's Hardware is a great site and gives excellent, honest reviews on computer products.Epinions site also has been helpful, but they are from individuals who have bought the particular model so they may not be quite as critical. You know how it is, no one wants to admit they might have bought a little better unit or brand elsewhere,lol.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Well I just found out a major bummer. My BFG 6800 GT OC has a max res of 1600x1200 when using DVI. Apparently this is not a uncommon problem so check your video cards before buying this display.

-KeithP

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Here's a picture I took of my system as it is right now. Still kind of messy but it's somin together. My PC server and PC System are under the Desk. I'll be replacing my Ipaq 2215 with a Dell Axim X30 next week.

My System So Far W/ New 2005FPW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks