Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Flipper on DVD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 of 110 Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,235 posts

Posted January 18 2007 - 12:29 PM

I hope this DVD is not a flipper...
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#22 of 110 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,623 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted January 18 2007 - 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cooper
It says double-sided in that report. 30 eps, 4 double-sided. Posted Image
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#23 of 110 Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 02:43 AM

Quote:

That struck me as funny. Pun intended or not?

#24 of 110 Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman970
It says double-sided in that report. 30 eps, 4 double-sided. Posted Image

I know the Universal DVD18s were nothing but trouble and a crap shoot, but the last two TV on DVD series that I have watched have been on double sided discs (The Big Valley and Bones) and I never had a glitch or even a stutter.

#25 of 110 MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 03:00 AM

More Alba than you can shake a stick at.

#26 of 110 David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 837 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 03:39 AM

Quote:

Why not? "Everyone Loves Flipper" Posted Image

#27 of 110 Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHastings
More Alba than you can shake a stick at.

Which Flipper is being released? I thought it was the 1960s series and not the Jessica Alba remake. As much as I like to look at Jessica Alba, I want the original series.

#28 of 110 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 04:36 AM

It's the original series, not the Alba series.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#29 of 110 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,623 posts

Posted January 19 2007 - 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug^Ch
I know the Universal DVD18s were nothing but trouble and a crap shoot, but the last two TV on DVD series that I have watched have been on double sided discs (The Big Valley and Bones) and I never had a glitch or even a stutter.
I always have problems with those DVD18s. Just recently it was the Lord of the Rings TC/EE releases. But I have a cheap RCA player that's on the way out anyway. My PC is fine with everything, but I have my eye on an Oppo. Posted Image Oppo sounds like he could be one of flipper's whale friends. Posted Image
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#30 of 110 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,623 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 03:42 AM

You can now pre-order Flipper Original series Season 1 at several places on the net including amazon.com and deepdiscountdvd.com. It's $25-28 shipped. We're a few months away (4/24) from 30 episodes of classic fishy shenanigans!

Eee! Eee! Eee! Eee! (as "The Big F" would say)

#31 of 110 Michael Alden

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. I just put the order in!

#32 of 110 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,623 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 06:33 AM

Me too! Even though deepdiscountdvd's description is suspect...heh!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

FLIPPER ORIGINAL SERIES-1ST SEASON

Description
A tender British comedy about a young girl who gets into trouble after she brings a package of rubbers belonging to her late father to school, mistaking them for unusual balloons.
  • Title: FLIPPER ORIGINAL SERIES-1ST SEASON
  • Director:
  • Year: 0
  • Language: English
  • Closed Captioned: N
  • UPC: 027616072535
  • Item Number: MGD007253D
They seem to have the right product for order....just quite a bit messed up on what it actually is. I wrote them about the error and said I wanted the one with the rubber dolphin. Good for a laugh though....

#33 of 110 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,623 posts

Posted April 24 2007 - 11:30 PM

Just reminding everybody to go pick up Season One of Flipper so I...erm, I mean WE can get the whole series on DVD eventually. It's ready for mail order purchase and should also be on the shelves.

Anybody seen/done a review of these yet?

#34 of 110 ScottDombrowski

ScottDombrowski

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 25 2007 - 12:20 AM

Mine came from Deep Discount yesterday, but I didn't get to start on it yet. Here's a review from DVD Talk. It sounds like the picture quality is fantastic, can't wait!

http://www.dvdtalk.c...ad.php?ID=27578

#35 of 110 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,623 posts

Posted April 27 2007 - 08:31 AM

Mine was just mailed from Columbia House. They're slow. I plan to watch only few of these on the weekends. 30 should keep me going until S2 comes out. Posted Image

I saw that same review the other day. Nice idea to post it here. Those screen shots alone could sell a lot of copies to posters here. The few eps I have on tape are so washed out and out of focus looking. This will really be a treat in comparison since I doubt it's ever looked that good on any medium before, including when it first aired and most people only had B&W tvs.

#36 of 110 Jim-M

Jim-M

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 05:15 AM

I would highly recommend season 1 to anybody that is interested in Flipper. The picture quality on these is outstanding considering it is a show from 1964-65. They did some high quality underwater filming for the show (or at least used high quality stock footage, I don't know which). The episodes themselves hold up well and for the most part don't seem very dated. My boys, who often haven't liked some of the old shows from the 60's that I enjoyed as a kid, really are enjoying Flipper.

#37 of 110 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,381 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted July 12 2007 - 05:24 AM

Jim, that's a "10-4" on your post Posted Image I'm viewing this set now and as you said, the xfrs are A+ . I remember watching this one as a kid and it does hold up very well.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#38 of 110 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,623 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 10:29 AM

The episodes just keep getting better and better. Such a wonderful, simple time. I've really been enjoying them. I didn't remember the dad being so strict. He comes off almost hot-headed at time. But he's raising 2 sons and he's trying to keep them in line. Huuummmm...maybe some parents could learn something from this show too.

Can't wait until Season 2 is at least announced.

#39 of 110 Bert Greene

Bert Greene

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 10:46 AM

The picture quality was indeed phenomenal. I showed it off to a few friends, who were stunned by how good it looked (of course, in the past, this was a series whose syndicated prints had always looked pretty weak). It was also nice to see some early appearances by folks like Lynda Day, Barbara Feldon and Jessica Walter, in these episodes. I also took note of Marshall Thompson and Cheryl Miller each making an appearance in this first season, before graduating to Tors' following series, "Daktari."

Anyway, I just have a handful of episodes left to view, and I certainly hope the 2nd-season is on the radar screen... along with other Tors' series, like the aforementioned "Daktari," and "Gentle Ben." Heck, for that matter, add "Cowboy in Africa" into the mix as well.

#40 of 110 Jim-M

Jim-M

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted July 12 2007 - 10:51 AM

Are there any episodes in season 1 that have an Everglades air boat in them? Looks like in season 2 there is an episode where the boys buy one, but we haven't seen them halfway through season 1. I always thought those boats looked cool with the flat base and the big fan in the back.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow