What's new

Becks New Album to support DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Yes, the new album, Geurro, supposed to be out in March will Support DVD-A:

Deluxe 2-disc version. Disc 1 has 3 bonus tracks and 4 remixes. Disc 2 is a DVD which features the DVD-A 5.1 mix of Guero, along with two videos and other fun stuff.

Yeehaw!!!!!

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
I've been very tempted to pick up the Sea Change DVD-A release, anyone recommend it? How's the MC on it?

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Sea Change on DVD-A is great, sonically, and individually, the tracks are musically impressive. Listening to the whole album in one sitting can be a bit depressing, however. The DVD-A also includes some music videos (though I haven't watched them).

AricB

Second Unit
Very true, not an upbeat album, but sounds very good, and a very well done MC mix.

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
Lee

Universal announced the Beck albulm on SA-CD for Europe. If you go on the US site there it is only listed as coming soon for DVD-A. They don't have any SA-CDs listed as coming soon. It will probably change but that is what it is now.

Seems Warner is back into DVD-A. I received 8 REM DVD-A discs from them yesterday. They also just released Seal's Greatest Hits and 2 selections from Mark Knopfler. Hopefully this is a new trend for them.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Kris,

No problem, I'll do a Euro import if I have to. HFR ran a story which showed Universal was going to release the SACD in the US also.

Let us know how the REM albums sound. I may want a few. What Mark Knopfler's are out? I have ShangriLa already but the back catalog would be nice in hirez and I think Sultans was recorded to tape.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Possibly the best MC mix ever! The DVD-A also includes 6 great videos & weird album-cover based graphics when the tracks play, making it a better value than the SACD (which sounded identical to the DVD-A on my setup).

George See

Second Unit

Were these the duel disks with the cd as well? Rhino has the duel discs up for pre-order, the only info they have is 5.1 mixes, it doesn't say if it's hi-res dvd-a or not.

And the sea changes DVD-A gets a thumbs up from me, I love it.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Are the discs that have already been out on hi-rez (like Best Of) exactly the same as the prior releases or have they changed the DVD-A sections?

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
I just checked out the 30 second samples of the whole Sea Change album on Amazon, man that sounds depressing, I think I might need something a little more upbeat for the weekend. Maybe I'll pick that up on valentine's day when I need something sadder...

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Talk about Johnny-Come-Latelies! I've had "Sea Change" on SACD for, what, two years now? Not only is it one of the finest contemporary rock/pop titles on the format, but it's got one of the best surround mixes I've ever heard. In fact, though some may match it, none surpass it IMO!

It's my understanding that the new one will also be on SACD. As for DVD-A, not sure... it might be dual-disc instead. :frowning:

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Matt, I tell you this...yes Sea Change can be depressing, but if you can live with that, this is one of Beck's finest works. I love the range this guy has. One album all up beat and funky, the next slow and thoughtful.

It's my favorite album of his and the DVD-A is in my opinion, the best mix of a DVD-A or SACD.

If you have the 5.1 set up, it's a must have.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Fisher

Second Unit

I actually just got back from Best Buy a few minutes ago (remembering seeing they ACTUALLY had 1 copy on their pathetic shelf) and I'm listening to it now. I've always enjoyed Beck, so while it is a bit depressing, I still like it, and this mix is amazing. I love the artwork that plays while the song is on as well, one of my complaints has always been that there should be this exact practice on all DVD-A's, rather than just watching the tracklist. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Sure, Sea Change is a really melancholy album. However, if you're contemplating suicide and want to off yourself to muzik, Elvis Costello's NORTH is the king of I would of shot myself if I hadn't sung these damn depressing songs albums.;)

P.S. - I might get his new album if he's over his Nick Drake phase...?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks