What's new

Kansas city and adjacent areas (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Hey guys how about a meet? I know u guys had a good one last July but I was hoping to get one going earlier so I CAN ATTEND! Just checking....
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!
logo_gpney.gif

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Just say when and where...
:)
------------------
"Ahhh...the Luftwaffe... The Washington Generals of the History Channel..."

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I was at the one last July and would love to attend another meet!
Just let me know when and where.
What would members like to do this time? Let get some suggestions going and see what we can get lined up....
Mike
P.S. Go Cyclones
------------------

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Oh good....we got a response......I'm good to go.....someone set it up nice and neat.....course when the streets aren't covered with sleet....
------------------
Eric Samonte
logo_gpney.gif

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
Last summer we visited Audioport and AMC Theaters in Olathe.
Any interest in some TV station tours, with an HDTV focus? I'm looking at getting a HD receiver, and would like to know what the local stations are doing.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Yeah..that'd be neat! HDTV appetite rolling in!
------------------
Eric Samonte
logo_gpney.gif

Steve Kyle

Auditioning
I'm fairly new to the forum and live in KC. I'm interested in attending a meet. Sounds like everyone had a good time at the one in Olathe last summer. I hope something can be put together soon.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
OK..since I started this thing...
Can someone "page" Parker? He is from around here and when he joins in, the "ball" gets rolling....
------------------
Eric Samonte
logo_gpney.gif

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
What it will take is for someone to come up with an idea, suggest a couple possible dates (or pick a date several weeks down the road), and actually line up the site or the location that will be toured, visited, etc.
I'm up for just about anything, but I am going to beg off on organizing this year, I took my shot with Audioport last year.
I'll take my shot at a date... How about Saturday, April 21st?
Good luck,
Mike

Mike Thomas

Auditioning
Eric,
You mentioned this about three weeks ago when you were letting me sample the bass shakers, glad to see you started the ball rolling. I have been in and out of town alot lately but seen the post. I would love to join in on HT meet, count me in...
Mike Thomas

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
Hello KC HT folks,
There was some discussion on a meet the 19th or 20th of May. That's a scant two weeks away.
I'd be happy to host a demo session in my home. We have a budget CRT FPTV setup in our basement mediaroom. 8' wide CRT FPTV, 5.1 DD/DTS audio combined with a modest audiophile 2 channel setup.
Time doesn't allow me to set up any other events, perhaps someone can take the ball on filling up the calendar.
Regards,
Tom Rosback

Aaron D

Stunt Coordinator
Well, since those dates are upon us and no firm details are ironed out, I guess we will postpone until later. June, anyone?
Tom, do you have any other times that this will work? I read somewhere that you will be tearing down your theater soon?
I have next week off, so I will be able to plan more. If anyone has any ideas, now is the time!!
Aaron

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron,
The theater comes down this Tuesday PM. E-mail or call me if you want a demo before then.
Regards,
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks