What's new

I can't search for LG, so I need some help! (1 Viewer)

JoshG

Auditioning
How does their 52" DLP stack up to the 50" Samsung and Toshiba? My local Good Guys will give me the LG-52SZ51D for $2349, so with tax and the warranty I want to get it comes out to about $2850. Any opinions?

Oh, and anyone know why it comes back with no search results found if I try LG?

JoshG

Auditioning
I'm not looking to buy online, just wanting to see if anyone had bought this TV before or had any experience with one. Thanks though

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
You may want to wait on the LG, I've read in a couple of places that new sets with HD DVR built in are coming out in the near future, not sure when though.

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
The 52SZ51 is a sweet set. You should be happy with it. I'd probably skip the warranty and buy bulbs instead though.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Tyson: are you an LG rep?

I sell the things. We've had *TWO* fail on the sales floor within as many months.

It wasn't the bulbs either.

Anyone who doesn't get the warranty on these is asking for trouble.

Josh: If you're gonna get DLP no matter what go with a Samsung or Mistubishi. The Mits is the best quality (Hitachi's DLP implementation) and Smasung is the best bang for the buck, though reliablity is troublesome.

Personally I'd recommend a Sony or Hitachi LCD solution. 16 years in the biz, sell what you know...no commissions.

JoshG

Auditioning
Well I did go with the Samsung, Costco is selling the 50" HLN5065 and I got it for $2039. Couldn't beat that, no matter where I went! Eventhough it's the older model, I think I will be happy!

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
Peter: Do you work at Best Buy?

No problems with the LG stuff, other than a couple lamp failures, but LG warrantied them no problem even after 4-6 months.

Josh, enjoy your Sammy, it's good stuff too. The reality is there is very little product on the market that is no good.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Ever hear of a lil' old distributor named Apex?

Not to mention RCA has nosdived since Thomson took over.
We refer to Magnavox as "Maggotbox".

Those generic $39 DVD players are also scary, scary stuff.

LG has a ways to go, but I'll admit they're trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks