What's new

I got an email from the president of Nuance! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Seems like their going to make some changes and they want some advice from me on how to make and market the "new Nuance".

I wrote a big thing on the audioreview message boards last summer about these speakers and the thread ended up getting locked. Funny thing is, there was no flaming within members or anything, it was just locked. It can be found here. Personally, I think it should have been stickied to warn the audio newbie of this scam, instead audioreview would rather sweep it under the rug and let the thread dissapear. I also got a strange pm from someone over there last week, asking me why I wrote it and to email him back with my answer. I did and just said that these things were not a good value. Then I got this email and then there's this recent Nuance thread in HTF forums that Taylor started.

Something just isn't adding up.

George Baker, president/owner of Nuance who apparentley worked with API (Energy, Mirage, Athena, Sound Dynamics) back in the 1970's (but I have never read or heard this as fact) sent me 2 emails. Georges' email at Nuance.com is [email protected], makes me wonder why I get an email from aol account since any Joe-Blow could make an aol account. If the guy wants to be legit, use his work email at least.

I'm a little skeptical on how valid these emails are, I mean just from the way its worded reminds me of a typical pro Nuance post on the Audioreview boards.

So what do you guys think? Is this for real? Really, all I would have to tell "George" is to slash the prices to make them more akin to what these speakers are worth since they just sound so terrible. But of course, they would never do that since their making money hand over fist.

If it really is him, I think he just wants to try to shut me up :D

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
If it is him, and they want your opinions to make it a better brand, see what they say after you request money for your time aiding their efforts. Their responce to that would be interesting. Id be skeptical of them too. you'd think he would email you his business phone # for you to call him and discuss anything rather than hound you in multiple emails questioning your motives of your thoughts in your threads. Or you could just tell him that your not a schmuck and you need him some validity to who he says he is before you talk.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'd tell him his speakers are crap, and you don't want to waste your time or his or his companies.

Their speakers aren't even in the same ball park to the other makes and models listed in his email.

I'm sorry but I have seen three different pair of these things now, and they are very similar to sound design of the 70's upon even casual scrutiny IMHO anyways.

I mean if it is him, he's crook, if it's not him it's just some internet crud being deceptive, either way, bad news.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Those e-mails are written at a middle school level and are filled with simple errors.

They have schools in Canada? :D

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Agreed he can't even spell Paradigm correctly which doesn't boade well for him considering his association with them at one point. If it were me I'd ask for his office phone number and call him...might be a fun conversation but if they stuck to their guns about the current products being good it would be a short conversation :) Also for what its worth API was founded in 1972 not 1975 and there's no mention of a George Baker anywhere on the API website.

Simply answer his email, telling him you'll call him at the Nuance offices at a pre-determined time. Then follow through. Call the main Nuance phone number, and ask to speak to him. If they put you through, at least you know you're talking to the real guy. If they refuse to put you through, you'll know its a scam.

Maybe it's legit, and you can speak to him directly. That would be a fun call to listen in on.

later

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
In my opinion, the 'problem' isn't with the product, or claiming that they have technology that they probably don't. I mean afterall, they are speakers and they do reproduce audio! The problem is their pricing strategy. Anybody who claims a 5,000 list price, then sells for 1,000 just because I'm a swell fellow, loses all credibility with me. It's the classic "white van" strategy.

From what I've seen and heard, the product is in the same class as the Quest (Future Shop) and Sinclair Audio (Best Buy) range, and should be priced accordingly.

I also take issue with the environment in which they are presented. The dealer is usually exclusively Nuance, so there is absolutely nothing to compare the sound to. This, of course, is a page right out of the Bose playbook (all other speakers are here, Bose are over there)

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator
I would reply back.
Tell him after you repair his spelling and grammar, for a substantial fee you will agree to repair the speakers and marketing.
To start off with, nuance needs to be capitalized. And if you capitalize all the letters in ceo it will look more impressive on his business card.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I sent "George" a simple email back linking him to this thread.

I'm suspecting he will be doing a vanishing act now. :D

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
I'll bet that you would have had a complete reversal of your opinion on these speakers had they been properly set up using Monster cables ;)

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
"Monster makes even the worst speakers sound as good as Bose!!! "

Shouldn't this be included in a FAQ somewhere? :D

David

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
"Used to work at Brand XXX" could easily be interpreted as "Cleaned the shitter at Brand XXX headquarters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks