-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
346 replies to this topic

#1 of 347 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 05:11 AM

The official website at CBS.com is up, including team bios and video, the 2 hour premiere is Tuesday, March 1 at 9 PM. HTF Challenge will be posted soon.

#2 of 347 Mike Slade

Mike Slade

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 10:41 AM

They also have the application for #8 up on the site which will be a family edition with teams of 4.

#3 of 347 brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 07:28 AM

I'll take Debbie and Bianca!!!

Just getting my vote in earlyPosted Image

If they can make it through the initial speed of the race they should do VERY well.

Brent

#4 of 347 Nathan*W

Nathan*W

Screenwriter

• 1,069 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 07:31 AM

Well, if we're getting bids in early, I want Rob and Ambuh!

#5 of 347 Kenneth

Kenneth

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 07:33 AM

The interesting part will be to see how long the Robfather and Amber last. Definitely a different dynamic on AR than on Survivor. It would be wild if they get a second million from reality TV.

Kenneth

#6 of 347 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 08:52 AM

I think they'll be pretty strong. They probably have been traveling a lot in the past year, they both did well in all the challenges on Survivor: All-Stars, whether they involved physical strength, endurance, or smarts. That sort of got overlooked because their ability to play other players off each other while not being perceived as a threat was truly astonishing (a skill that is all-but-useless in TAR), but it's there. I figure on them reaching the final three, since they've got all that and their stress level should be lower than everyone else's.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#7 of 347 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,653 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 09:56 AM

I gotta go with Greg and Brian for my initial pick (though I'd pick Rob and Ambuh just because they are a known quantity to me, if they were available to be picked).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#8 of 347 Travis_S

Travis_S

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Missouri

Posted February 10 2005 - 11:43 AM

If I can get in on the act, I'll take Ron & Kelly.

#9 of 347 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 12:42 PM

Wow, I know my TAR HTF contest is hot when people start picking before I even post it. Posted Image

I'm going to take Ray and Deana. I'll try to get the contest up this weekend, I'll refer back here for any picks that were made before I post the contest thread.

#10 of 347 Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted February 10 2005 - 02:01 PM

I'll go with Ryan and Chuck

Chris

#11 of 347 Micheal

Micheal

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted February 11 2005 - 01:44 AM

I'll take Uchenna and Joyce!

Mike
BLAM!
Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

#12 of 347 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted February 14 2005 - 03:13 PM

I just posted the Survivor Palau HTF Challenge here using a points system so you can stay in the game longer, let me know if you all would like the TAR7 challenge to use the same format.

#13 of 347 Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 279 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted February 28 2005 - 10:47 PM

Just saw in this mornings Indianapolis Star that they will be holding auditions for Amazing Race 8 here next week. The interesting thing is that it will be teams of 4 and children as young as 8 can apply. They want the teams to be all family members, but loosely defined. In other words, not necessary blood releatives.

TAR 7 starts tonight. Goes up against the final NYPD Blue.

Mark

#14 of 347 Jed M

Jed M

Screenwriter

• 2,030 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 06:59 AM

Familys? I guess they really want to up the fighting next season. Posted Image It's probably not a bad idea to mix it up every once in a while. I will withhold judgement until I see it but I really don't want to see a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds running around looking for McDonalds.
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.
-R. Waters

#15 of 347 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 07:02 AM

Actually, the online application form specifies the lower age limit as 12 (my brothers and I looked at it, but the group of us wouldn't be able to get off work at the same time).
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

#16 of 347 Jed M

Jed M

Screenwriter

• 2,030 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 07:17 AM

Quote:
my brothers and I looked at it, but the group of us wouldn't be able to get off work at the same time
That would be a blast. Besides my brother I can't think of 2 other people in my family that would/could do it.

12 is much better IMO. At least there is some maturity at that age.
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.
-R. Waters

#17 of 347 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, we joked that we - four brothers ranging in age from 20 to 31 - would be unstoppable.

And then I remembered that brother #2 was afraid to climb stairs for the longest time, and figured we'd die on the frst leg.

Oh, and that I don't drive.

#18 of 347 Micheal

Micheal

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 09:33 AM

Slightly OT: Reiken of "Chip and Reiken" fame was on the Reality show edition of Fear Factor. Reiken said that he and Chip had split up after winning the Amazing Race.

I wish that the AR would do the odd follow-up with past contestants.
BLAM!
Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

#19 of 347 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,653 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 01:19 PM

3/1/05

Romber are so not in a hurry in this race. I think they are slugs where Survivor was their game, but this game requires constant moving and adjusting to all sorts of ostacles, both physical and mental.

The old couple can't not be the last team to arrive at the pit stop, can they?
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#20 of 347 Joseph S

Joseph S

Screenwriter

• 2,865 posts

Posted March 01 2005 - 01:29 PM

Quote:
Romber are so not in a hurry in this race. I think they are slugs where Survivor was their game, but this game requires constant moving and adjusting to all sorts of ostacles, both physical and mental.

I'm still rooting for them just like I'm still rooting for Affleck to get the career on track. I think they'll be fine once they get in the swing of things.

Quote:
The old couple can't not be the last team to arrive at the pit stop, can they?
It's because of these suspected losers, I had to use strategery to not pick Boston Rob 'n Ambah for the final four.

I can't wait for "Team America" to lose out. At least, Kendra was attractive as Miss ugly American.

Forum Nav Content I Follow