What's new

Cervin Vega? (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
It depends on your expectations and what particular speakers you are looking at. Over $200 for a pair, and there will certainly be better options from other brands, unless you want a big "party" speaker like Cerwin or KLH makes that you are going to run with no subs or anything.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Which CV in particular. Some are brutes, some are decent, some just are. :)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Over all CV is not looked at as great speakers for HT.

They do have one speaker line that a few here have purchased and found to be good sounding and a great value "In Their Opinion". The specific line has the large center with dual 6.5 woofs and a horn wave guide/array tweeter.
Some people have been very suprised at this center from reading owner taes and reviews. Can't speak to the rest of the speaks in that line, just the Center as thats the speaker that I've seen and read about.

Dose look as tho they have discontinued it/the whole line in 2005, but was available in Back or Cherry wood vinal veneer. Might be some good buys on this line due to that.

CV-Center
***You can look at the Center speaker and it's Specs here***

Their powered subs, speaking of what is "Current" are not to good a value by any means, some CV-subs better than ohers of course, but for the same $$$$ much better subs are available out their.

The other current speaker lines are more geard toward the party type crowd. Big woofs, large cabinets, and sounding, well, loud & nice for beer bashing frat houses & other party times IMO.

Anything I/we say is always "Subjective At Best", and if not owning current CV speakers, it even holds less merrit. Let your budget and ears be the one to make a decision (if a speaker brand/line is of worth it for you and your needs)...!

Actual owners of current CV speakers can be of help if you are looking to maybe go this way, in that they can tell you what they think, where to get a good pricing, and also answering specific questions possibly for you.

They have built some decent subs and a few specific speakers in "years gone by", but mostly known for affordable loud music making machines in their later years. I've heard much of the older better IMO CV stuff, late 70's & 80's...

As one of my friends used to say, older CV-Speaker owner, (don't care what you play, just play it LOUD)! :D

I doubt this post helped you much, but was fun trying...;)

Hopefully (real owners of current CV-speaker products) can shed a little more light for you on what they think...
Cheers
Geoff ¥
Edit: Added Center Channel link

jim09

Grip
Real Name
james
compared to what ?
there full setups arent too bad for the price .
they play load.
they are hard to blow up

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks