What's new

Greatest American Hero!!! (1 Viewer)

Dalvis

Auditioning
Dark Horizons is reporting that Stephen J. Cannell says that we can expect a release The Greatest American Hero soon. Hope this is true!!!

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Dalvis, if this turns out to be not true I'm going to send you a bill for the clean up needed after reading your post. :D

Jimmy!

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Good news indeed! Been wanting this one for a long time. Given that the first season was rather short (seven or eight episodes, I think), perhaps they could combine season one and two.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I've been watching some of the episodes captured off Canada's Showcase channel, and it's really nice to see how well the show has held up. For one thing, the prints look pretty good for a 20+ year old show. There might be some music rights issues with this show, too, but not as bad as a show like Miami Vice.

I'll be curious to see if the pilot is run as shown - with "Hinkley" voice-overed with "Hanley" - or as shot - "Hinkley" with no adulteration. The pilot ran very soon after Reagan was shot by Mark Hinkley, so there was a scramble at the time to remove the offensive name, and I kind of remember there was even a question about it being aired at all.

Somone in an earlier thread mentioned it would be cool to see this packaged in a box like the one the suit came in - sans instructions, of course. I think that would be fabulous. This is a series that I loved when it aired, taped every episode first run (except for the 4 unaired, caught them later), and have continued to enjoy in the interim. I am so looking forward to purchasing this set!

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Oh God, now I've got that theme music going through my head. Actually, one of the better theme songs to come along. Whatever happend to Joey Scarborough? And why didn't they have William Katt sing it? He has a decent voice. In fact, I think he released an album or two ...

Ah, flashing back to the '80s. This show can't come soon enough.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the show since it aired originally, so I don't remember much about it. I do remember the theme song though.

That symbol on his chest looks a lot like the chinese symbol 中, meaning "middle". I wonder if that is just a coincidence.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Believe it or not, I'm walking on air,
I never thought I could feel so free!
Flying away on a wing and a prayer,
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me!

:D

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Come'on now David.. if you're gonna sing, sing it all!

Look at what's happened to me,
I can't believe it myself.
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,
It should've been somebody else.

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me!

It's like a light of a new day,
It came from out of the blue.
Breaking me out of the spell I was in,
Making all of my wishes come true!

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me!

MAN I hope they include "The Greatest American Heroine"! I spent a week piecing back together a full copy from three different showings, but I will GLADLY trash it for a commercial release!

Eric F

Screenwriter
Believe it or not, George isn't at home
Please leave a message at the beep
I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I'm not home!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

This news just made my week!! I AM walking on air right now. I just about wet myself reading this.
THANK YOU DALVIS!
*does happy naked dance*

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Wow this is great news. I can't wait to have them all. There are episodes in Season 3 that never even aired originally. I hope they include the episode trailers as well. They were really cool to watch before and after the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks