What's new

Ok so its been a week... (1 Viewer)

Miles_W

Second Unit
We all know these things are quite difficult to organize so should we start planning for the next meet...
biggrin.gif

okay Brent, Ryan, Andy, time to chip in with the ideas...
Miles

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I have been thinking about the next meet but didn't want to post anything becasue I thought it would be too early early, but I'm glad you did since I have had about 20 people email me saying that they missed the first one and want to be a part of the second one.
The things we talked about for our next meet were the Paradigm tour
Audio excellent presentation
Paramount movie premier in Down town Toronto.
Now as we discussed before Paradigm would only be able to do it on a weekday (friday) and I would nee it to be After the end of April, I have school till April 27th. Although I don't think any of us were thinking of having it that early anyways I just wanted to make sure I mentioned it.
I think the first thing to do would be to find out any info we can about the Paradigm tour, that will be a deciding factor about the schedule.
Peace out.
------------------
Oops...I dropped my eardrums
could you pick them up for
me

Miles_W

Second Unit
I can talk to the guys at Audio excellence. I have sent an email with the email addresses from people from the first meet to Adrian the owner, I know that he is looking for a bunch of us to be there for the whole evening... so we may have to do the movie premiere thing another time... If we start planning now the end of April will be here in no time...
WRT Audio Excellence I think that they want to have some distributors/manufacturers come in and talk about there products... They are a very friendly bunch of people up there and I think that it would be nice for us to see how the other half lives... ( Ryan , Larry and I were up there yesterday looking at these Krell MRA amps... they weigh about 1000lbs each, 1000 watts into 8 ohms true doubling down and stable into a 1/4 ohm load...
rolleyes.gif
the bad news $200000 cdn...
Miles

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I should have about that saved up in my piggy bank. "SMASH"
opps...oh well, only 3 dollars.
------------------
me

Miles_W

Second Unit
I doubt it
biggrin.gif
The thing that was funny is that inorder to get these amps you have to pay up front so some customer has paid for these things and his place is just not ready for them yet so they sit at the dealers... the other thing that makes me laugh is Audio Excellence has sold 3 pairs so far... go figure...
Miles

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys
I just had the grand opening of Shadow Wulf Theatre this weekend. A friend even did up a big red bow and ribbon for the ribbon cutting ceremony. I worked like a dog the last 2 days to get it finished in time. I had to put up all the cd/dvd/vhs shelves, sort and unbox my collection of music. Trim out the room, put in the door and a few other odds and ends in just 2 days but I got it done.
We sent out invitations for the first few special friends and then it's open season. It's been a long 9 month project but I can finally sit down and watch a movie or listen to music in my own little room. Wahoo!
I'm going to need some suggestions on room treatment. I'll be asking about that later.
Looking forward to our turn to host everyone up here in Orangeville.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about you guys, but I think April is a little early for the next meet.
Late May, early June would make it about half way towards the meet Wayne and I will put together for Sep/Oct.
I was going to suggest doing one during the Toronto Trek convention, but that probably wouldn't work. Not too sure everyone's as big a Trek fan as me.
Just my 2 cents...
Norm

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I agree with Norm in that a May or June date would be a great time, Nice warm weather and such.
I'd say we push for a 1st of June date. It is a Friday and that gives us 3 full months of preparation. Also Paradigm might need that much time to co-ordintate a really good in depth tour.
------------------
me

June 1st sounds great as a tentative date. With three monthes to plan, this meet should just be incredible. Do we have another DVD splurge in the works, because it may take my bank account three monthes to recover from the last one :)
Erik Strong

brentl

Senior HTF Member
It may get more difficult the more we look into it. Staying at AE for the evening would mean we'd need to be done a tour of Paradigm by 5 P.M. at the LASTEST. That way we can spend from 6-10 or 11 at AE. The drive from Woodbridge to Richmond HIll will most likely be 40-45 minutes..
We could look at going to Silver City Richmond Hill for a midnight showing after we leave AE.
What we really need to get is a solid # going for JUST the tour of Paradigm. As I'm sure we have members who feel these gatherings aren't their thing....My buddy Fred would be one.
My guess would be 30-35 for the tour mand maybe 20 for the whole evening.
I'll Email Paradigm in the next few days....Please be patient, these guys work hard and I expect a reply to take anywhere from 10-14 days.
IF we can get some time to discuss the future of Paradigm this tour could run a few hours.....so book time accordingly.
June 1 looks good....I'll check with Paradigm.
Brent L
------------------
Closing in quickly on JayH:)...President of the OPHTF!!

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Wow, we're already planning the next meet! That's cool. Maybe someone can fill me in on what the Audio Excellence "thing" is?
Hmm, June sounds like a good time to have the meet. Nice and warm!! (Damn these Canadian winters!!)
Well, I'm up for whatever is planned...so you can book me in for whatever/where ever we end up doing/going.
Can't wait!
Andrew
------------------
My Growing DVD Collection
ICQ# 69241437
The trick, is not minding that it hurts.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Brent perhaps we can split it into 2 parts then we can plan what ever is necessary to accommodate Paradigm and do Audio excellence on another day... That way we can have the best of both worlds...
Let me know, personally I would prefer to have something in-between now and June, Knowing that we have an Orangeville meet sometime in September, waiting till June seems like a long time... (
biggrin.gif
(Okay so I'm obsessed with this stuff...))
I will bow to group dictates but it is just an idea... If we can do April, June, Sept. looks good to me... Mind you I'm not sure when Audio Excellence can be ready... I know that they are having there 10 yr anniversary in November of this year... perhaps if we are really nice they will do a couple of things for us...
Andy, Audio Excellence is a Local dealer that I frequent that has graciously agreed to hold an evening at their location to check out their stuff...
They carry a nice mix of High end stuff that we only get to dream about and seldom hear/play with... ie Krell, Meridian, Anthem, Classe, speakers from, Wilson Audio, Sonus Farbe, Dunlevy, Martin logan, velodyne, etc...
Miles

brentl

Senior HTF Member
OK let's see which of the guys read this by midnight. When I get home Thursday morning I'll email the Canadian members and put a general notice out.
I would like to Email Paradigm on Friday....I hope this was OK'ed by the folks who own Paradigm. I'm sure they would be impressed with trhe loyalty of the folks here, and might like to fill us in on the future of Paradigm
Maybe we can talk them into getting some SECONDS really cheap....contests ???
Miles....Did you ever compare the Eclipse, or Espirit VS the ML line..Just wondering.
C'mon guys talk to us.......Late April for a tour, dinner, and maybe a flick......Mid June for a simple highend night at audio excellence, late movie, or stop by DVD wave in Richmond Hill.
Brent L
------------------
Closing in quickly on JayH:)...President of the OPHTF!!

Miles_W

Second Unit
Brent I have heard the sound of the bigger paradigm bipoles... a friend of mine has 2 pairs and a cc450 driven by parasound electronics... good deep bass... excellent for movies not quite my cup of tea but a good setup none the less...
okay everyone speak up lets us know what and when you want to do things... I for one would prefer 2 more relaxed meets than one that tries to jam everything in...
Miles

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Well, there's nothing that says we can't have a 2 day event. A Friday at Paradigm and Audio Excellence, and a Saturday similar to the first meet.
Or we can split it up as 2 different events.
Anything is fine with me, I'm just throwing out some ideas...
Norm

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Having something in April is tight for me, just because of school. If we do something like the Paradim tour in April, then I won't be able to make it, since I have school all day and It is very close to exam times. I really want to go to the Paradigm tour (since I have a full set or their speakers) but nothing will work for me till at least after April 27th.
The Audio Excellence thing I am really looking forward to, as well, but If I had to choose one to the other I want to make sure I make the Paradigm tour.
------------------
me

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Late April for a tour, dinner, and maybe a flick......Mid June for a simple highend night at audio excellence, late movie, or stop by DVD wave in Richmond Hill.
This works for me. Now that I think about it, having two more relaxed meets would be a better thing to do.
Well then Ryan, lets make it on April 27th. :)
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# 69241437

I think two seperate more relaxed days is definitely the way to go, but like Ryan I have school and exams all through April and early May. Anytime around the end of May or after would be MUCH better for the paradigm tour, for me at least, and the paradigm tour is definitely something I want to be at as my entire speaker setup is Paradigm. Hopefully this will work for everyone else as well.
Erik Strong

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Well, since the Paradigm tour has to be during the week, can't we make that meet the June meet, and the Audio Excellence the April meet, since it would be on a weekend?
Just throwing out a suggestion...
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# 69241437

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks