What's new

blown amp? (1 Viewer)

gab_

Stunt Coordinator
hi, I have a question on my amp. it stopped working the other day, for no apparent reason. after turning the head unit off and on a few times, it came back on once, but hasn't since. the red led light is always on. I checked both fuses under the amp, and they were fine. I have already checked my wiring, and ensured that the subwoofer was on in my head unit. I have had the amp and sub since 2002, and the head unit for about 8 months. all were professionally installed. do you have any suggestions? thanks in advance.
ps- system is:
mtx 8302 amp
pioneer 760 h.u.
infinity perfect 12 sub

Jason Fulton

Agent
Unhook your sub and use a volt-ohm-meter to see if anything is coming out of the outputs (set it to AC). Are your gains set high? Did you check the ground (It wouldn't light up at all if it wasn't grounded, but it could be loose and that could have caused the amp to blow) Where any wires loose when you first checked?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Is the sub running @ 1ohm? There's more chance for amp burnout at lower impedance, and it's why my Hifonics blew powering a single 12" ED. That said, MTX is a quality brand while Hifonics is cheeeeap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks