Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Twilight Zone -The Movie : Any Info?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   mikey ra

mikey ra

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted February 07 2005 - 08:06 AM

Who has the rights to this movie? Does anyone know of any movement in getting it released on DVD?

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted February 07 2005 - 01:31 PM

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU COULD BE SO INSENSITIVE AS TO WANT THIS ON DVD!!!111!!! Posted Image Posted Image

Seriously, though, I remember hearing something about this being a low priority title because of the controversy about the people who died in the helicopter accident during the filming, like maybe a lawsuit two decades later or something.

Or, maybe it's just a low priority title, who knows. It does seem odd it isn't out, considering the Spielberg connection.
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,975 posts

Posted February 07 2005 - 11:13 PM

Warner put this out on video in the 1980s. As far as I know, they still own the rights.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted February 08 2005 - 03:48 AM

I'm one who also wants this. I would think if they were "insensitive" enough to put it out in the 80's, that they would now, several years later. Actually, thinking about it, I'm rather surprised that part of the movie was left in, period.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly

Producer

• 3,994 posts

Posted February 08 2005 - 08:05 PM

It'll come out when Vic Morrow's Estate says so...
"You can't be the first, and you'll never be the last, but baby, you can ALL be next! Woooooooo!!!"

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   DavidofLondon

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted February 08 2005 - 10:23 PM

Quote:
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU COULD BE SO INSENSITIVE AS TO WANT THIS ON DVD!!!111!!!

Hmm, just a thought here, but are you actually suggesting a film studio really acts due to sensitivity. WOW!!! Reassessing all my thoughts about them. I just had studio execs down as money grabbing leeches Posted Image

Still all kidding aside I'd love to see this movie released. Personally I think this honours the people who died. I mean after all if their death means the movie is never seen then it's as if they died for nothing.

I think the movie should be released in memorium to those that died. To my mind it would be nice if their relatives/next of kin were able to receive a portion of the sales revenue. But then see earlier comment re: money grabbing leeches, so I can't see that happening.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Matt-R

Matt-R

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 03:31 AM

Quote:
I would think if they were "insensitive" enough to put it out in the 80's, that they would now, several years later.

That is what I don't get.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Williams

Mike Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,020 posts

Posted February 09 2005 - 10:29 AM

I've never understood the holdup considering the movie was released AFTER people died and lawsuits began, VHS tapes were released AFTER people died and lawsuits began, and if I'm not mistaken, Laserdics were released AFTER people died and lawsuits began. I also don't know that Vic Morrow's estate has a lot of say in the matter.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   mikey ra

mikey ra

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted February 22 2005 - 06:19 AM

interesting as I haven't seen any info regarding a DVD release on this issue.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor

• 529 posts

Posted February 22 2005 - 06:24 PM

I'd probably buy it. I generally like the movie, whatever its faults.

Of course, what would be really great would be a full-on special edition with deleted footage (obviously not the Vic Morrow accident footage, mind), a no-holds-barred Laurent Bouzereau doco with a reflective Spielberg (plus Landis talking pensively about his court case), George Miller and Joe Dante hopping aboard for a commentary tracks and Albert Brooks, Dan Ackroyd, John Lithgow and others chipping in. Of course, a big special edition of this movie would never appear in a million years - but maybe in an alternate universe, or perhaps.. ..the Twilight Zone?

For what it's worth, the later indepth book (I forget the title) on the Twilight Zone movie shoot, accident and subsequent court case is a great, if frequently harrowing read.

Forum Nav Content I Follow