What's new

HT Meet in Toronto? (1 Viewer)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hello,
I was just wondering if there was ever a HT Meet in Toronto ONT or if there is one planned for some time in the future? I notice that there are a lot of people on this forum from Toronto and it's surrounding area's.
Well, if anyone checks in this area of the forum that knows anything, please let me know.
Thanks a bunch.
Andrew
------------------
My Growing DVD Collection

Craig A

Stunt Coordinator
That would be interesting. You can't have it at my house though. My HT room is too wee!
------------------
"This is never going to end, is it?"
-My girlfriend, her first words upon seeing my new Amp and realizing the full extent of my HT addiction.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Well, that's what I was pretty much wondering...is if there were already people on this forum that have a Toronto meet. I see them going on in many States, but I have yet to hear of one up here in T.O.
My "theater" wouldn't qualify either. :)
Andrew

Miles_W

Second Unit
How does a home theatre qualify??? I guess well have to get a list of people who live around these parts and see what we can get together...
Anyone I'm in Pickering...
Miles

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to go to a meet in Toronto or area. I'm in Orangeville.
I don't have a dedicated home theater room myself, yet. My system is in the living room. (House is only a year old).
I guess our problem is finding someone to host the meet.
Norm

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Yup, finding a host will be the tricky part. Really though, my HT section of my basement sits 3 people comfortably.
We need someone with a BIG room. :)
Hmm, lets all try and keep this thread active so everyone can find it.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# 69241437

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see this happen, I've mentioned it a few times without much of a response.
It looks a little like the trouble will be finding a host.
I think if one of us asks nicely we may be able to get a tour of the Paradigm factory. If we ever get a confirmed date I can check in to it.
Brent L
Just need to ask nicely I hope :)
Brent L
------------------
Closing in quickly on 2000:)...Posts that is :)

Miles_W

Second Unit
Okay guys let me work on my significant other. My family room is 20 x 20 with 1 couch, 2 love seats and a big chinese rug...
Like I said I'll try and work on it...
Miles

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Looks like, with a little bit of ass kissing, we may actually get together.
Brent L
YEE HA!
------------------
Closing in quickly on 2000:)...Posts that is :)
well
not quite as quick now:)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hmm, just a question for ya all. I know there are more then the 6 or 7 people that have posted here from Toronto and it's surrounding area on HTF. My guess is that they just don't check here often, because they know that nothing has really ever happened in terms of a Toronto HTMeet.
So, I'm just wondering what can be done to get the word out? I mean, I don't just want to start posting topics in the other area's of the forum (because they would just get closed anyways).
Any suggestions?
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# 69241437

Miles_W

Second Unit
Andy we need some one to coordinate it... we could private mail all the people who we see from the surrounding area and see who is interested. I think that small would be better first until we have an idea of what is going on. Also you would need an agenda and some other things... What goes on at a meet? I have yet to braoch the subject with my wife yet! perhaps we should ask the America folks what they do at their meets???
Miles

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Yea, haha...I have no idea of what is the "norm" for a meet either. I've read that some go on tours of studio's and such. So like Brent L suggested, a tour of the Paradigm factory if possible.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# 69241437

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Ok well, I'm starting to send out emails to everyone that I see is from TOronto or near here, directing them to this thread. Let's see what kind of response we get. :)
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# 69241437

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I'm in the Toronto area (Markham) and would love to get together for a meet. It just depends when it would be as my schedule is tight.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Okay I brought up the subject with my wife this morning and she said... what date?
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! so I guess that means it will be okay so we can have the first ( hopefully annual ) home theater meet in Toronto and Surrounding areas at my place. Okay so what are we doing?
I have a pretty good audio system but my video is barely adequate so please bare with me!
If we do arrange a paradigm tour it is at the other end of the city (Brampton??? , Missisauga) from me I am located just of Whites road in Pickering.
Does anyone have good enough relations with a dealer to perhaps set up some promo give aways for the meet??
all suggestions are welcome, and I would like to keep the first meet to under 15 if possible First come first serve except of course AndyVX who brought up the idea...
Miles

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Depending on the date I would be interested in a meet also. If anyone is still interested I can supply Phantom Menace in DD on LD. My room is large but lacks seating. Audio isn't too bad and my 40H80 needs some geometry work but otherwise I could possible host it as well.
Has anyone emailed Marc Carra? He might be interested and lives somewhat close.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hey Miles! That is definatly great news! Now all we need is to get the finalized list of people that can come (+the approximate date). I guess the date is dependant on whether or not we can get a tour of the Paradigm factory. Guess we have to wait for Brent to get back to us on that.
Hmm, I can bring a DVD or two...if I have something that you don't already have (check my link to my collection at the bottom)
Elliot, that would be great if you could bring TPM LD. Provided Miles has a LD player of course :)
Hmm, now I just need to figure out how to get to Pickering :) Does T.T.C go there, or another form of public transit? I don't drive, so public transit is how I get around.
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing this thing materialze further (it's come pretty far already :) ) Hope to hear from you all soon.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# 69241437

Miles_W

Second Unit
I do have an Ld player, I just have to rearrange my equipment to bring the demodulator upstairs from the other system. You will probably have to take the Go transit depending upon where you are located and I'll do a milk run to the station to pick folks up if necessary ( It would be nice if everyone not driving can make the same train...)
I stopped by one of the neighbourhood dealers to ask if they were interested in sponsoring the event, and the guy asked me to put a letter together explaining the event. I'll see what I can do, I was trying to get freebees but perhaps all they will do is offer some equipment deals. If there is not enough interest ( ie no one is really in the market) I will not persue this...
Paradigm factory tour would be nice but we might want to wait until we have another meet out at the west end of the city so we don't spend as much time in transit! I have a tentative date of Feb 17th 2001 Let me know if this is alright!
Thanks
Miles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks